DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

lypo case for protection

If you hang out at a radio control race track, you’ll see that most people at the pit tables have an asbestos-lined bag (similar to your photo) to use while charging their LiPo batteries. I’ve seen LiPo batteries absolutely go off, spewing flames and extremely noxious smoke and fumes, so I understand the purpose of those bags.
B0D702B1-8E07-4015-86EF-78BE2CA8DACF.jpeg

And although I haven’t heard of many battery mishaps in my relatively short time perusing this forum, I would advocate for their use. When boarding a flight, I use the individual-sized battery bags for my lithium batteries, including my DSLR and GoPro batteries. The shortcoming is that these won’t stop from filling an airliners cabin with fumes, in the event of a battery mishap. So the zippered bag in your Post seems to be a better, safer option.

EF8765D3-B670-4E46-951F-AA8D4D87D14C.jpeg

I also like the ammo case idea posted in your other thread:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rchawks
Opinions on the quality of the protective container. Have anyone here used it?View attachment 104534
I do use this kind of lipo safe for my fpv drones, but dji batteries don't explode as often as other lipos. Been flying for 5 years and no lipo exploded yet.

As I read it smart lipos can discharge themselves if any issues occur. Very safe batteries. It can't do any harm to protect them in a bag though. All my normal lipos for my other aircraft live in an ammo box.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven