DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2E Dual Range questions

Steelrumor

Reactions
Today I ran my M2E in two different directions with different results and not exactly sure why..

3000 feet to the East and I had zero issues what so ever with my smart controller.
Did the same to the west and every time I’d hit the same distance my controller signal would just drop out completely. No gradual decline just a solid drop off.
I tried it twice because my thermal target was there and both times I couldn’t get to it.
Any ideas what the interference could possibly be?

just for reference I’m on private property

Reactions: Dronage
Very odd. I guess the only explanation is that theres some interference right at that point. Doesnt make sense that you lose signal all at once rather then just a gradual decline as you approach that point. You might try different altitudes seeing how your over private property.

I’m starting to think it’s possibly the controller. I took it out again a totally different location and right at 3,000 feet it just fell off again.. I’m about as green as you get with this is there an controller option I’m missing? “Smart controller

Ok when you say completely drop out what do you mean? There is a setting where you can limit the range of your mavic, when it hits that point the craft will not go any further, I believe a notification will pop up when you hit that limit. Its in the app settings. I think I set mine to 1000 meters just because. I think the max is 5000 meters which is ridiculous. If im mistaken Im sure someone will point it out.

Ok when you say completely drop out what do you mean? There is a setting where you can limit the range of your mavic, when it hits that point the craft will not go any further, I believe a notification will pop up when you hit that limit. Its in the app settings. I think I set mine to 1000 meters just because. I think the max is 5000 meters which is ridiculous. If im mistaken Im sure someone will point it out.
Actually... even though not legal in the U.S. ... you can set it to 8k meters I believe.

Reactions: j.coffield
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000