DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2ED- How can you mark a spot on the map display while flying so you can return to it at a later time.

WDB

Reactions
I use drone to locate warm blooded animals and sometimes need to return to a previous sighting with a fresh battery. In a large field there are no landmarks so it would be helpful if I could mark a location on the google map for guidance.

I use drone to locate warm blooded animals and sometimes need to return to a previous sighting with a fresh battery. In a large field there are no landmarks so it would be helpful if I could mark a location on the google map for guidance.

Use Tag Pilot as your control app. You can easily tag objects on the ground giving you lat/long coordinates which can be used for later use.

Have a look on their website: What is Tag Pilot? – Drones Made Easy

Scientific studies, I assume. As most states make it illegal for hunting purposes. Here in Colorado, some pilots have received warnings in the past. Warnings only because no hunting gear in their possession. But, it was close to season, and many other hunters were scouting with simple tracking techniques and binoculars. Good luck with your project!

Use Tag Pilot as your control app. You can easily tag objects on the ground giving you lat/long coordinates which can be used for later use.

Have a look on their website: What is Tag Pilot? – Drones Made Easy

Interesting app.
The AGL feature would be good to keep within rules of altitude in most countries, mostly for anywhere with such topography is quite varying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00