DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P Battery Help

Broken Star Photo

Reactions
I've had my M2P for about ten months now. Today I was out flying with my three batteries. I was helping with a search and rescue, so I was flying a long time. When a battery was low I would land, allow it to cool down and then recharge it. All of my batteries had been functioning perfectly until this morning. One of my batteries was fully charged so I installed it in the drone. When I powered everything up the Smart controller showed an error message that said it could not take off as there was only enough battery life remaining to RTH. I went to the battery status screen and it is blank. It shows absolutely zero data about the battery, its history, serial number, cell status... The Smart controller shows all firmware is current, and the other batteries all show their info in the battery status screen and work normally.

Is there a way to reset them? Or do I have an expensive new paperweight for my desk? Thanks for any help y'all can give me.

when you do the firmware updates do you repeat the install for each battery?
Yes. What I do is close the app. Change the battery, turn on the drone and open the app. If the app open the camera view automatically I just return back to the profile screen and wait few seconds until the system offer the battery update. The problem you are having is an error that occur when you update the drone firmware and skip the battery firmware update.

Is your smart controller Firmware v01.00.0820?
If not, I recommend apply the update and update all batteries firmware as well by using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic.
That is the version my smart controller is running. Once the aircraft and smart controller firmware is updated to the current version, does it automatically update each battery the first time it is installed? Or do I need to do it through the DJI Assistant 2 app?

I don't think I have ever updated the firmware for each battery after their initial purchase. I will try it now and post my results.

Yes, using the DJI Assistance for Mavic is always the best option.

Reactions: Broken Star Photo
I don't think I have ever updated the firmware for each battery after their initial purchase. I will try it now and post my results.
yes you need to perform the update each time for every battery you own. each time with a different battery. so if ya have 3 battery you switch each time and perform 3 updates total

Reactions: Broken Star Photo
OK, did the update for all three batteries. Now the battery in question shows a signal/connection error.

the pins clean and debris free? all the way snapped in?
They all appear to be clean and shiny on the battery and drone. Now when I reinstalled the battery it is back to the original error message. I've pooped it off and on a few times, pushed down on the back of the battery to see it it connects better...Nothing. :(

1605937480999.png
Just to make sure I am doing this right...Do I just click on the refresh button to do the firmware update? That's what I have been doing.

And the plot thickens... Now when I try to re-do the update install with this battery the process stalls at 80% complete and gives me a battery update error. I've tried three times and get the same things each time.

It looks like the small computer inside the battery is not working properly. If it's a PC I will just reboot it. Unfortunately there is not a reset button or anything like that on the battery.

That has just happened to me - AGAIN.
Last time my battery was swapped out by DJI Support about 2 months ago.
Now I have a new incident open for my other battery, which happened 2 days ago and the rotors would not start-up. So I am now going through the same update/fully discharge/recharge a few times and report back to support again.
Makes me think that there may be a batch problem.

Attachments

• DJIscreen.jpg
    DJIscreen.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 17
Yep, exactly the same as last time after a day of charging/discharging, upgrading - stuck at 80% as there is a "Battery Signal Error" and a connection with the battery cannot be established. These product faults must be costing DJI a lot of money, especially with flighing products where it should be; get it right first time.

Attachments

• Battery.JPG
    Battery.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 11
I just noticed that when the drone reads the good battery it shows 4 cells, however it shows 6 batteries for the bad cell - I wonder why the difference or is is just a simulation?
Broken Star - do you get the same? as attached.

Also note, the Smart Return Home switches off, if the bad battery is inserted and doesn't turn back on when a good one is put back in.: Which I find a bit scarry.

Attachments

• 2 Batteries.JPG
    2 Batteries.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I have been trying all day to sort this battery issue out:
All pins are good.
- I get 100% upgrades for the drone and a working battery.
- It sticks at 80% with the faulty battery.
The DJI App states "battery signal error", so I assume that there are no communications with the bad inteli battery.

I have been trying all day to sort this battery issue out:
All pins are good.
- I get 100% upgrades for the drone and a working battery.
- It sticks at 80% with the faulty battery.
The DJI App states "battery signal error", so I assume that there are no communications with the bad inteli battery.
have you tried using the assistant 2 and downgrade the FW. then reboot the drone with it unplugged from comp. then try to re install the new?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato