DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P, One year, 197 successful flights

Steve LaBranche

Reactions
One year, 197 successful flights flying around the Russian River Valley and Sonoma County California coast. Straight out the box, I've never calibrated anything and have not single incident. I have to credit searching and reading this forum's data base wealth of information to my success. Proper flight planning, understanding local weather patterns and not doing anything stupid or I'm just lucky. Either way after a year of reading failures, losses and flyaways I guess I'm bragging a bit too. Now I just have learn post video editing and processing. Bought a Dell G7, having to relearn Windows 10, since last operating system I used was XP. Totally lost leading Davinci Resolve 16.

Best of luck to all that fly drones. Have fun, fly safe. Steve LaBranche

One year, 197 successful flights flying around the Russian River Valley and Sonoma County California coast. Straight out the box, I've never calibrated anything and have not single incident. I have to credit searching and reading this forum's data base wealth of information to my success. Proper flight planning, understanding local weather patterns and not doing anything stupid or I'm just lucky. Either way after a year of reading failures, losses and flyaways I guess I'm bragging a bit too. Now I just have learn post video editing and processing. Bought a Dell G7, having to relearn Windows 10, since last operating system I used was XP. Totally lost leading Davinci Resolve 16.

This is the kind of thing that we do not hear enough of on the forum. You are not lucky Steve, but rather you are careful and respectful of the technology. The Mavic 2 is a true marvel of engineering, and my experience with it has been similar to yours. Good job! Fly safe, I look forward to seeing your work.

This is the kind of thing that we do not hear enough of on the forum. You are not lucky Steve, but rather you are careful and respectful of the technology. The Mavic 2 is a true marvel of engineering, and my experience with it has been similar to yours. Good job! Fly safe, I look forward to seeing your work.
My videos are too large to share here but I'll share a link to my Drive Account for my first and most favorite 360 Global. This is very near where I live. This is Duncans Mills California. New photo by Steve LaBranche

My videos are too large to share here but I'll share a link to my Drive Account for my first and most favorite 360 Global. This is very near where I live. This is Duncans Mills California. New photo by Steve LaBranche
Nice pano. Just curious, did you stitch this yourself or let the drone do it?

Nice pano. Just curious, did you stitch this yourself or let the drone do it?
The M2P did it, I set the shot for 360° Global took the 36 pic panoramic and stiched them together and I completed download while it was landing on it's own RTH. I have had stitching problems on ocean horizons. Here is an example. Centered over Goat Rock this is a 360° global capturing Jenner California, Penny Island where the Russian River meets the Sea.. As you scan to south you'll notice an horizon stitch issue over ocean. For now, who cares this is where I live and it shows it off nicely.

Reactions: KurtpH
The M2P did it, I set the shot for 360° Global took the 36 pic panoramic and stiched them together and I completed download while it was landing on it's own RTH. I have had stitching problems on ocean horizons. Here is an example. Centered over Goat Rock this is a 360° global capturing Jenner California, Penny Island where the Russian River meets the Sea.. As you scan to south you'll notice an horizon stitch issue over ocean. For now, who cares this is where I live and it shows it off nicely.
Whooops sent the wrong one. Need a min or two. Sorry.

Darn it, sent wrong link again. I'll get it figured out. You'll all love this global.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PDu1SISiMm8hgvf1krS-nMHtkGinSESh/view?usp=drivesdk
It seems like you have a bit extra of “interpolated sky”. Did you allow the gimbal to go above the horizon when taking the pictures? Don’t get me wrong it is a great pano. I was more just curious since I take a lot of panos.

I jus
It seems like you have a bit extra of “interpolated sky”. Did you allow the gimbal to go above the horizon when taking the pictures? Don’t get me wrong it is a great pano. I was more just curious since I take a lot of panos.
I just take the M2P up take panos and land. I'm barley learning post processing of pics, let alone video's

I jus
I just take the M2P up take panos and land. I'm barley learning post processing of pics, let alone video's
I guess I wasn't specific in my question. Do you have the gimbal setting turned on that allows it to go above the horizon. I think the max is 30 degrees but I believe the panos only go to 15 degrees up.

Thanks for sharing. I am a new mavic 2 pro pilot and reading these stories of horror have scared me. ;-) it is helping me anticipate issues and take extra care. And stay in beginner mode until I am very comfortable flying and familiar with controls. Happy flying.

Reactions: John St. George
Now I just have learn post video editing and processing. Bought a Dell G7, having to relearn Windows 10, since last operating system I used was XP. Totally lost leading Davinci Resolve 16.
Davinci Resolve 16 is a great software to learn! Right up there with Adobe Premiere and FCP. It can be a bit overwhelming at first, but you'll get used to it after a while. BMD has some good free training resources on their website.

3 years flying the spark and a year-and-a-half with the mavic 2 zoom and no flying issues as frequently seen in this forum. Is it luck? I don't think so.

Reactions: EricJT
1 year and a half with the Mavic Pro. When I first bought it I left it in the box for a month cuz I was so nervous about flying it. After watching a few YouTube videos and reading a bit on this forum I finally flew it and just now logged my 150th eventless flight. Eagerly awaiting the MP3 and a better quality camera.

Reactions: MGVision
Just moved into the Mavic world, but before I had a P3A for about a year and a half and logged about 35 flight hours on it. Had a few crashes, but all due to pilot error, no major issues with the drone. Was a bit nervous at first will all the reported flyaways and major crashes, but the worst I've had is a compass error, followed by flying back in ATTI mode.

Awesome job !!!!

Myself, I've been flying my M2P since Sept 2018. So far no incidents. A couple of close calls with wires and birds but I fly conservatively. Do my pre-flight and hover before heading out. No incidents with my Skydio 2 either. However I have crashed my Typhoon twice. Once was a small tree branch, the other a battery failure. Fell like a brick. Good luck to all pilots !!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dseyna