DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2Z optical calibration

oferlaor

Reactions
My M2Z is about 2 weeks old and I took it out for another spin yesterday morning. It keeps asking me to calibrate the compass (a lot more often than the MP or MA ever did).

It gave a new notification, which caused me to ground it afterwards. It said that the backward sensors were having a problem and that I should recalibrate.

read the documentation last night and ran the optical calibration through DJI assistant. I first had to find the right version (Apparently, the Mavic has its own special version of the assistant although the regular one works quite well EXCEPT when it comes to the optical calibration).

The procedure is pretty long and is not very laptop friendly. I had to pull the unit almost right up to the screen to get it to work. I did it twice just to be sure I did it correctly and it took about 10 minutes to do (there are two front cameras to do, two down, two back and one on each side of the unit). In each of the cases I could actually see what those cameras see (which was a holy crap minute for me, DJI could basically turn this into a 360 camera with all of these sensors if they wanted!).

My question? How safe am I to fly now? I am not sure I feel more comfortable having completed this procedure than I did before having performed it....

You can do your own test to make sure the sensors are working properly. Do a hover test for both VPS and GPS. Hover should be rock solid. Too bad it doesnt have precision landing yet. If my P4P cant hit its mark, then it is time to recalibrate for me.

it's really strange how many small features are missing that we had in MA and M1P, such as precision landing. It doesn't bother me much (the sheer image quality improvement is enough).

I'll definitely give it a try.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky