DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2Z vs Radio Control Model Aircraft

jasper43

Reactions
Hi, can anyone tell me if there will be a problem flying in close proximity to RC model aircraft in terms of control frequency interference? I don’t want to cause a problem for RC flyers or vic versa.

Cheers

It depends. All late model (last 3 years at least) DJI products automatically choose frequencies/channels that have least interference. Latest models not only on 2GHZ but also 5GHz.

I do not recall reading a thread about radio interference but there are a lot of videos showing aircraft interference. It's like they are drawn to each other.

Reactions: Kilrah
Ocusync will hop to another frequency if the band its currently on suffers interference, be it from other aircraft, wifi routers etc

I fly radio control airplanes and helicopters as well as an MP at my RC club’s flying field. You shouldn’t have a problem. Almost all RC aircraft fly at 2.8 ghz these days. Part of the process involves binding your transmitter to the receiver in an individual aircraft. Almost all transmitters allow you to bind it to multiple Planes each with an individual model in the TX. Once bound the Receiver in the plane will only accept control input from that one TX. I am sure that DJI products will also only accept control inputs from the DJI Rc to which it was bound.

As far as whether the other transmitters would cause interference I sometimes fly the MP while others are flying their RC aircraft. I have not experienced any problems even with multiple planes in the air however there was one time out of many flight when I got a warning in the RC that there was wireless interference. I opted not to fly. I don’t know what the source of that interference was. There was only one other guy at the field at the time and he wasn’t flying when that occurred.

Reactions: frank candor
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111