DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3P hard case

PAW

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Props, batteries, and chargers are compatible.
Do any of you early beta users know if the new M3P form fits the M3 cutouts in hard cases?

Do any of you early beta users know if the new M3P form fits the M3 cutouts in hard cases?
The dimensions are different:

Roger, thanks, guess I'll sell my case with my drone.

Thanks

No, it's larger, but, depending upon the location of the drone cutout within the Mavic 3 hard case, the existing cutout could likely be enlarged to fit the Pro.

I plan on cutting out the foam a bit as needed which I figure will be not a ton.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I'm also planning on cutting my foam out but it will be close and until I have it in hand I'm not entirely sure it will work. We'll see. If not, the new owner of my old Mav3 will get a very, very good deal on a case. That assumes I'll be selling it which I'm not 100% sure I will do.

I'm also planning on cutting my foam out but it will be close and until I have it in hand I'm not entirely sure it will work. We'll see. If not, the new owner of my old Mav3 will get a very, very good deal on a case. That assumes I'll be selling it which I'm not 100% sure I will do.
Mostly, just need more room at the front, for the newly protruding camera assembly under the new gimbal guard. Hopefully, the gimbal lock of the Mavic 3 has been retained. Those limp gimbals on the Mavic 3 Classic look sad!

Reactions: PAW
Mostly, just need more room at the front, for the newly protruding camera assembly under the new gimbal guard. Hopefully, the gimbal lock of the Mavic 3 has been retained. Those limp gimbals on the Mavic 3 Classic look sad!
Limp gimbles. Every pilots nightmare!

It's taller as well. From photos it appears to stand at least .5 inches taller to accommodate that massive gimbal. Be prepared to do extensive cutting, and if the foam depth isn't there... I will absolutely include the PGYTECH case with my sale of the M3, as well as the convertible bag I used maybe twice. The new bag in the Fly More is perfect now that they excised the ridiculous backpack that was so unstructured it was useless for gear. I don't need a $300 bag to carry my jacket, thank you very much.

It's taller as well. From photos it appears to stand at least .5 inches taller to accommodate that massive gimbal. Be prepared to do extensive cutting, and if the foam depth isn't there... I will absolutely include the PGYTECH case with my sale of the M3, as well as the convertible bag I used maybe twice. The new bag in the Fly More is perfect now that they excised the ridiculous backpack that was so unstructured it was useless for gear. I don't need a $300 bag to carry my jacket, thank you very much.
Lots of the hard cases have room above the cutout for that extra half inch, with very soft egg crate foam on the inside top of the case that can be squeezed. The batteries also protrude into the same space. Agree that the original bag was way too bulky with the hidden backpack packed into the flap!

That's only without the gimbal guard, apparently.
Yep.. I personally do not like the gimbal guard anyway. I think the GPC case is meant to work without the guard. I don't think the guard is necessary at all if you keep it in a form fitting case like the GPC one. If you're just throwing it in a bag with other stuff then yeah the guard would be necessary.

Yep.. I personally do not like the gimbal guard anyway. I think the GPC case is meant to work without the guard. I don't think the guard is necessary at all if you keep it in a form fitting case like the GPC one. If you're just throwing it in a bag with other stuff then yeah the guard would be necessary.
The new gimbal guard style also ensures that the props are not snagged when inserting and removing the drone from a form fitting case, which they invariably do. However, the gimbal guard itself has to be properly installed, or it can expose the props, too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB