DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA Battery Discharge Times?

Drone Master

Rest In Peace, Fellow Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I know that you have choice in days to start the discharge process with most DJI drone intelligent flight batteries. This setting is made in the Go 4 app with the current battery that’s in the aircraft.
I noticed this feature is not present with the MA batteries.
Can anyone set this in their app settings? Or is this normal? No choice?
I cannot set my time to discharge in settings.
Anyone else?

Can anyone set this in their app settings? Or is this normal? No choice?
No choice is normal. It would be nice if DJI exposes that setting in a future DJI GO release.

No choice is normal. It would be nice if DJI exposes that setting in a future DJI GO release.
Thanks Mike, I thought so. I had updated today hoping that option would be there. I have a battery that has been fully charged for over 11 days.
Sometimes we charge up, then the weather keeps us from flying for many days.
Now it is like going back manually discharging like the old days with lipos until they fix it.
As we all know, battery maintenance is the key to longevity.

is there reason to believe that the MA batteries discharge at all, regardless of when discharging begins?
The batteries are hard-coded to start auto discharging after 10 days of no use. It will take 1-2 days beyond that 10th day for the battery to discharge down to the storage level.

Check out the Mavic Air Battery Safety Guidelines for more details.

Last edited:
If you say that it suggests you pressed the button to check - which resets the countdown.

If you want them to discharge then leave them alone...

Or you can use the battery to powerbank adapter which I ended up using as I was surprised the discharge time cannot be overwritten from 10days.

I tried to find the days to discharge yesterday in DJI 4 Go and nothing. The manual may say 10 days but I charged mine on Thursday June 14th for a planned flight the next day, Friday June 15th. Didn't happen and we ended up going out Sunday morning June 17th. Opened both Mavic Air's i have and all 8 batteries warm and in discharge state. Checked the levels and all 70 to 75%. So that's 3 days and they started discharging. And settings are gone to view days to discharge. So it must be set on 2 day not 10. Any others notice a change in discharge state.

Yes I know it's not shown in DJI go 4 and an issue. It says 10 days but I can prove otherwise. I usually charge the night before and never expected discharge in 2 days. Buddy i was flying with just told me that they were below 70%. Some 50% and I was reaching for anything colder. Less warm was 50% and our flight day was a mess. He tried 2 batteries on my Air and both 50% and colder batteries 50% and warm ones 70%

Is it possible that you put them on the charger and then maybe forgot to plug it in?

Is it possible that you put them on the charger and then maybe forgot to plug it in?

Nope, i watch my drones and batteries like others watch there kids. I have 2 DJI multi chargers and 2 DJI mobile chargers. Error is not an issue

If you say that it suggests you pressed the button to check - which resets the countdown.

If you want them to discharge then leave them alone...

Can anybody clarify:
Does pressing the battery level check button on the battery restart the discharge clock?

If I fully recharge the batteries after use, there’s going to be a lot of wasted battery life.

Can anybody clarify:
Does pressing the battery level check button on the battery restart the discharge clock?
It does not reset the clock on Mavic Air batteries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54