DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA loses signal all the time

Sharvul

Reactions
Just hit my new MA. Took it on holidays with me. All videos taken on the beach when the drone is out in the open sea. No interference at all. Drone in clear sight with nothing between us. Lost connection and got aircraft disconnected with auto return to home at 215 meters only. What might be the issue?

Last edited:
CE or FCC mode?
I’m in the U.K. and since switching to FCC mode the signal quality is much more reliable.

This may sound dumb, but gotta ask; have you unfolded the landing gear on the front arms? And positioned the antenna on the controller to face the drone with the side instead of pointing at it?

CE or FCC mode?
I’m in the U.K. and since switching to FCC mode the signal quality is much more reliable.
Sorry I'm new to this. How do I know which mode it is in? What's the difference between the two? I bought mine at amazon Germany. Using it in Europe mainly. Currently in Croatia. Mostly in the Czech Republic.

Sorry I'm new to this. How do I know which mode it is in? What's the difference between the two? I bought mine at amazon Germany. Using it in Europe mainly. Currently in Croatia. Mostly in the Czech Republic.
Croatia will be CE, so is the Czech rep., which is based by European rules whereas FCC goes by American standards which allows a more powerful transmission. I'm not sure which rules apply to which countries specifically, but its safe to say any country in Europe will be CE.
The quad will automatically select the transmission mode, though you can fake your location to make DJI Go think you are in the USA, thus allowing a more powerful connection. Granted you have taken all the necessary steps to allow a proper transmission in the first place like I mentioned above.

Yeah I'd switch to fcc mode straight away, will improve dramatically. Also line of site is one thing, but if flying over populated areas 2.4 and 5 ghz are congested areas, use a wifi scanner to see how congested the area is, affects range significantly. Although in Benidorm (congested area) in FCC mode I had over 1km range without issues.

Make sure landing gear is down (its the antenna) and make sure the antenna on the controller are vertical to the drone.

Put phone/tablet to Airplane mode to switch off GSM, BT and Wifi on the phone/tablet. It helps a lot on many devices.

Can we set 5.8 manually? Mine always seems to be flying in 2.4. Since I'm practicing in a subdivision I wanna maybe use the less travelled band.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada