DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA v01.00.0400 Issues (glitch in yaw and slowly turning in yaw)

@brantel can you confirm that your 3.5.0 version is able to process 2018-05-10_19-58-48_FLY043.DAT if the Invalid DatHeader OK option is used?

I'm not sure why this is happening to you. It looks good from here:). But, I'm supposing it's somehow related to the stuff that was added to 3.5.0 that persists various settings. The problem occurs with 2018-05-10_19-58-48_FLY043.DAT ? And, does it make any difference if you've selected Smart Time Axis processing?
View attachment 37747

Please provide the .dotCon file that's in your home directory.

I started with a fresh .datCon file and launched DatCon 3.5.0. Then I selected FLY043. None of the fields, except the input field, populated. The resulting .datCon file is:

outputDir:
inputFile:
checkUpdates:true
showNewVerAvail:true
loadLastOnStartup:false
autoExtractDJIAFiles:true
experimentalFields:false
showUnits:false
motorPowerCalcs:false
magCalcs:false
airComp:false
inertialOnlyCalcs:false
parsingMode:JUST_DEFINED
invalidStructOK:true
datConSize:900,900
csvSampleRate:30
logPanelEFB:false
logPanelCFB:false
logPanelRDFB:false
smartTimeAxis:true

I can also confirm that CsvView 3.5.0 loads and displays the file, as do all the previous versions of DatCon. DatCon 3.5.0 seems to work fine with every other file that I've tried.

I started with a fresh .datCon file and launched DatCon 3.5.0. Then I selected FLY043. None of the fields, except the input field, populated. The resulting .datCon file is:

outputDir:
inputFile:
checkUpdates:true
showNewVerAvail:true
loadLastOnStartup:false
autoExtractDJIAFiles:true
experimentalFields:false
showUnits:false
motorPowerCalcs:false
magCalcs:false
airComp:false
inertialOnlyCalcs:false
parsingMode:JUST_DEFINED
invalidStructOK:true
datConSize:900,900
csvSampleRate:30
logPanelEFB:false
logPanelCFB:false
logPanelRDFB:false
smartTimeAxis:true

I can also confirm that CsvView 3.5.0 loads and displays the file, as do all the previous versions of DatCon. DatCon 3.5.0 seems to work fine with every other file that I've tried.
Can't make it fail. You probably have that extra MoJo. How about the .dotdat now please.

DJI support suggested I reset factory defaults and reload the firmware using DJI assistant. Then recalibrate the IMU. (I did not expect this to fix the issue) I did this and for simplicity I flew one flight this morning to test it out. Same problems continue.

Full logs off the remote/tablet here:
Mavic Air Saga Day 3 - Google Drive

Txt log here:
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I pulled the DAT files off my phone of the last flight before I upgraded the firmware, notice how all the trends lay ontop of each other? This is something like I would expect out of a normal drone.
before firmware upgrade.png

Then compare that to my flight this morning, notice how the YAW of each IMU does not agree and how the magnetic yaw is sorta floating around? The only thing that chanced was the firmware upgrade. (and a dozen recalibrations)
after firmware upgrade.png

And then we have this other weird slow rotation going on. Here is a prime example of that where I let it go until it started rotating the other direction? Notice how it seemed to snap to the different IMU?
weird slow rotation one way then back again after firmware upgrade.png

And here is yet another weird example of the slow rotation. In this one, it did not change direction but did go all the way to the other IMU... The IMU error seems to be in the opposite direction to the prior one so maybe that is why the drift behavior is different?
slightly different version of the weird slow rotation.png

At any rate, due to the fact that there is only so much a person can do by resetting, recalibrating, testing etc. I have no choice but to attempt to work this out with DJI support. Unless someone else has any better advice? I suppose I could just wait for another firmware update and hope it fixes it but who knows....

I am convinced that the new firmware broke my perfectly good drone!

?? It should be short...

No - I mean that is the entire contents - just the version number rather than the initial data after loading a file, e.g.:

Version 3.5.0
MSG:
MSG: createDatFile /Flight records/Airdata/18-05-09-02-02-54_FLY050.DAT
########################################################​

or the detailed record after converting it:

Version 3.5.0
MSG:
MSG: createDatFile /Flight records/Airdata/18-05-09-02-02-54_FLY050.DAT
########################################################

MSG: MSG: Converting/Flight records/Airdata/18-05-09-02-02-54_FLY050.DAT
MSG: MSG: Csv file : /Flight records/Airdata\18-05-09-02-02-54_FLY050test.csv
MSG: Add RecParser #1 class src.DatConRecs.Created4V3.IMU120_2048 /120
MSG: Add RecParser #2 class src.DatConRecs.String.RecFlyLog_32768 /-1
MSG: Add RecParser #3 class src.DatConRecs.Created4V3.IMUEX60_2064 /60
MSG: No RecParser #1 RecId 16/4/4
MSG: No RecParser #2 RecId 1300/117/117
MSG: No RecParser #3 RecId 1305/24/24
MSG: No RecParser #4 RecId 1306/20/20
MSG: Add RecParser #4 class src.DatConRecs.Created4V3.MotorCtrl16_1307 /16
MSG: No RecParser #5 RecId 29/80/80
MSG: No RecParser #6 RecId 2208/40/40
MSG: Add RecParser #5 class src.DatConRecs.Created4V3.RecSVOAVOID15_1121 /15
MSG: No RecParser #7 RecId 10085/80/80
MSG: No RecParser #8 RecId 10086/4/4
MSG: getRecordInst can't use src.DatConRecs.Created4V3.Controller_36_1000/36 wrong length RecInDat 1000/53
MSG: getRecordInst can't use src.DatConRecs.Created4V3.Controller_37_1000/37 wrong length RecInDat 1000/53
MSG: getRecordInst can't use src.DatConRecs.Created4V3.Controller_39_1000/39 wrong length RecInDat 1000/53
MSG: getRecordInst can't use src.DatConRecs.Created4V3.Controller_40_1000/40 wrong length RecInDat 1000/53
MSG: getRecordInst can't use src.DatConRecs.Created4V3.Controller_41_1000/41 wrong length RecInDat 1000/53
MSG: getRecordInst can't use src.DatConRecs.Created4V3.Controller_44_1000/44 wrong length RecInDat 1000/53
MSG: getRecordInst can't use src.DatConRecs.Created4V3.Controller_47_1000/47 wrong length RecInDat 1000/53
MSG: getRecordInst can't use src.DatConRecs.Created4V3.Controller_49_1000/49 wrong length RecInDat 1000/53
MSG: getRecordInst can't use src.DatConRecs.Created4V3.Controller_51_1000/51 wrong length RecInDat 1000/53
MSG: getRecordInst can't use src.DatConRecs.Created4V3.Controller_52_1000/52 wrong length RecInDat 1000/53
MSG: Add RecParser #6 class src.DatConRecs.Created4V3.Controller_53_1000 /53
MSG: Add RecParser #7 class src.DatConRecs.Created4V3.AirCraftCondition16_1001 /16
MSG: getRecordInst can't use src.DatConRecs.Created4V3.RecMotor152_10090/152 wrong length RecInDat 10090/185
MSG: getRecordInst can't use src.DatConRecs.Created4V3.RecMotor169_10090/169 wrong length RecInDat 10090/185
MSG: Add RecParser #8 class src.DatConRecs.Created4V3.RecMotor185_10090 /185
MSG: No RecParser #9 RecId 1002/23/23
MSG: getRecordInst can't use src.DatConRecs.Created4V3.BattInfo_38_1710/38 wrong length RecInDat 1710/44
MSG: Add RecParser #9 class src.DatConRecs.Created4V3.BattInfo_44_1710 /44
MSG: Add RecParser #10 class src.DatConRecs.Created4V3.GPS_2096 /66
MSG: Add RecParser #11 class src.DatConRecs.Created4V3.RecSmartBatt10_1712 /10
MSG: No RecParser #10 RecId 112/35/35
MSG: No RecParser #11 RecId 1200/28/28
MSG: No RecParser #12 RecId 1203/7/7
MSG: Add RecParser #12 class src.DatConRecs.String.RecDefs_65533 /-1
MSG: Num of created parsers 12 Num of NoRecParsers 12
MSG: CRC Error Ratio 0.0
MSG: Other Error Ratio 3.9261876717707107E-4
MSG: TotalNumRecExceptions = 0

Nothing I have tried works to solve the issue. I am working with DJI support. Just so folks don't assume this is an isolated event, I have been capturing comments of others as I see them regarding the same issue...The list is growing! Names blurred out for privacy.

people in the same boat.png

Folks,

Progress is being made in identifying the root cause of these issues. A very promising post was made to one of my post on Face Book from a DJI support group manager. The post states that they have been able to replicate the issue on their end and that a fix for it is imminent.

This is good news and praise for DJI's support group for listening!

Hi guys!
I heard a lot of complaints regarding the latest firmware update. I contacted DJI customer service and they told me they are aware of the issue and try to solve it as soon as possible ( doesn't sound promising!) Also, they told me that not all of the Mavic Air drones behave unusual after this update, but they are not able to tell me which batch or serial number is involved !

My drone is brand new and the only test i did, was just indoor, after this... " amazing" firmware update! I couldn't find time and a proper place in London to carry on more extensive tests.

In my indoor tests, I flied around 40 min, recording, moving up and down and rotating ( yaw). I moved also the gimbal up and down, while yaw. I didn't notice any obvious issue !

I get a feeling of a slight drifting while hoovering ( maybe few centimetres), maybe a slight rotation ( few degrees in horizontal plane) - but I assumed it is " normal" as it was in a small environment ( a room) close to large objects ( which could reflect the air back to the propellers) and create incremental moves. Plus...it is a drone, not a poster to stay still !

I don't have a reference point to compare how my Mavic Air is behaving after the latest firmware update, comparing with how should behave.
Can anyone help with few informations regarding " the ideal " behaviour of Mavic Air, the one described by many to be present before this " infamous update" ?
This micro-movements while hovering it is the only thing I noticed, but I can't compare with how it's supposed to be. This are normal ?
Thank you for your time and your help!

Reactions: orca.skynet
What you are describing would be typical inside. Inside the drone is using the bottom vision sensors to do most of its position control so this issue would likely not show up inside. Even outside typically you have to get up high enough that the bottom sensors are not seeing the ground for the issues to really become noticeable.

My Air on FW 300 does this yaw drift. Mostly seems to happen in wind however the drone when flying forward will rotate itself right about 90degrees (for no apparent reason) and I'm at a loss to understand why. All the issues here seem to be on FW400....

My Air on FW 300 does this yaw drift. Mostly seems to happen in wind however the drone when flying forward will rotate itself right about 90degrees (for no apparent reason) and I'm at a loss to understand why. All the issues here seem to be on FW400....

I am not 100% sure when my "drift" and yaw glitch showed up. It is easy to see it in the DAT file logs. Pretty compelling evidence for DJI to fix it. Pano's, long exposure pics and many types of video shots are almost impossible with all that drift. They yaw glitches are just down right scary when they happen.

I have all these same problems with my Mavic Air. Started the same day it upgraded the firmware. Today I have had two complete disconnection incidents between the controller and drone. It also attempted to fly away in Tapfly mode which convinces me this is a compass issue. Both disconnects it returned to home. One disconnect the signal returned, the other did not until i restarted both the controller and the drone. I'm not flying it anymore until new firmware is released.

i have too all these same problems and all stop after today i hard reset my phone samsung J7 and install DJI GO app again ! Make 2 test flight and no problems like before ! i hoppe this is end of my problem with MA and FW400 !

I am on .0300 firmware still and I also have the yaw glitch and slowly rotating left or right, (I can't tell if it's the drone or camera either) but my Air has never been crashed, hit, damaged in any way. I have babied this thing. I wish I knew why it was doing this, but I seem to be having the same issues as brantel.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard