DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 MA2 Active Track

How can I low altitude active track ?
DJI has made some pretty decent strides in their Active Track since they released it several years ago, but it has never been something that they have really invested much interest in and their old "Follow Me" mode didn't really draw such interest and was more of a gimmick. Some of the more sport oriented crowd these days have turned to that feature set to get certain shots and wanted a more demanding system. One company went for that market. That would be SkyDio and their first and second series of Drones SkyDio 1 & now 2.

As not understood, DJI released it's best Tracking system on the MA2 with it's worse array of sensors to use it. One would think that they would have implemented it with the Mavic 2 series as they have a full array of 360° sensors, but they didn't bother. Marketing may still show that most people just don't want that feature or more than what they offer so they are developing in other areas that the majority of people do want?

So long story short if you want optimum low level tracking and O/A at present, SkyDio 2 is your drone of choice. If you trust them and their past and future aim at drones, I would suggest you look at their history and aim for future before investing in their products though.

DJI Drones tend to track well behind or in front of a object using their logarithms in built, but at a slower speed due to sensor use, I am surprised your video showed it "losing" track given the conditions you were using it. I have seen it tracking much better on various YouTube videos through the years. You might want to engage the "Spotlight function" and give that a try. :)

Last edited:
DJI has made some pretty decent strides in their Active Track since they released it several years ago, but it has never been something that they have really invested much interest in and their old "Follow Me" mode didn't really draw such interest and was more of a gimmick. Some of the more sport oriented crowd these days have turned to that feature set to get certain shots and wanted a more demanding system. One company went for that market. That would be SkyDio and their first and second series of Drones SkyDio 1 & now 2.

As not understood, DJI released it's best Tracking system on the MA2 with it's worse array of sensors to use it. One would think that they would have implemented it with the Mavic 2 series as they have a full array of 360° sensors, but they didn't bother. Marketing may still show that most people just don't want that feature or more than what they offer so they are developing in other areas that the majority of people do want?

So long story short if you want optimum low level tracking and O/A at present, SkyDio 2 is your drone of choice. If you trust them and their past and future aim at drones, I would suggest you look at their history and aim for future before investing in their products though.

DJI Drones tend to track well behind or in front of a object using their logarithms in built, but at a slower speed due to sensor use, I am surprised your video showed it "losing" track given the conditions you were using it. I have seen it tracking much better on various YouTube videos through the years. You might want to engage the "Spotlight function" and give that a try. :)

I know. The Best Profile tracking I ever got is with my Spark. Another thing I don’t understand is why My MavicPro using the autopilot app was able to lock onto the phone for tracking and camera focus but the DjiGo4 couldn’t follow for its life.
So this is the reason I pulled the trigger on the Skydio2 I should get the email mid March for the final delivery [emoji403]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet