DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 always hand launched and landed...

The guy is bored or something ? or he just want some info ? there is a good collection of interesting people here.

I normally launch from the toolbox of my truck and hand catch if a smooth, clean landing point is unavailable. Never really thought of it as something to brag about.
especially it being the topic of starting a thread...I do it if I have to (uneven, rough terrain) but like you say, bragging about it seems weird

Reactions: Kyle76 and A.O.
especially it being the topic of starting a thread...I do it if I have to (uneven, rough terrain) but like you say, bragging about it seems weird

MA2 always hand launched and landed...​

Doesn't seem to a brag to me???
But OK, I'm bragging, and I'm weird...lol...

Reactions: joeywestside
With my MA2 facing me and trying to hand land, it stopped because it sensed me as an obstacle. So, I turned it sideways and flew it to me that way. it was easy.

With my MA2 facing me and trying to hand land, it stopped because it sensed me as an obstacle. So, I turned it sideways and flew it to me that way. it was easy.
Another trick is to fly it in a little high, then lower it to hand level. I just usually keep the obstacle avoidence turned off. It still alerts me and shows the warning bars.

I have always hand launched and landed, but I hate when it comes to doing the landing. Didn't concentrate once when doing it and the prop hit my thumb but thankfuly from the side with the nail so it was bruised for days. Will never make that mistake again.

I enjoy the challenge of hand launching and landing... especially in windy conditions. Haven't lost a finger yet! :oops: Hope I didn't jinx myself!

I have always hand launched and landed, but I hate when it comes to doing the landing. Didn't concentrate once when doing it and the prop hit my thumb but thankfuly from the side with the nail so it was bruised for days. Will never make that mistake again.
Avoid timing and motion: Just let it hover within reach and pick it out of the sky. Easiest if done from in front of the drone.

Reactions: Vapor069
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98