DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Battery firm ware update.

ThommoPerth

Reactions
I have 3 batteries for my MA2 which I got when I purchased my MA2 with the combo package. They all have the same build date. Yesterday when I was setting up I got a notice to update the battery firm ware which I did to the battery installed in the MA2. When I installed the other 2 batteries the notice to update never came up. Is there a way to check the status of firm ware of the batteries? Nothing list in the manual for this.

You need to use DJI Assistant on a PC/notebook and it can be done with DJI Fly App too.

Here is the link from DJI forum describing it:

I updated the firmware using DJI fly app.
I then replaced a battery, and DJI fly app did not prompt for firmware update.
I replaced the battery with the third one, DJI fly app did not prompt for firmware update.
They experienced what you have described above.

Your Options:
#1 DJI Assistant
I checked Ma2 firmware with DJI assistant, under Windows, battery 1 inserted -> firmware was OK.
I then used the second battery, and had to update the firmware.
I then used the third battery, and had to update the firmware.

#2 DJI FLY APP
someone wrote using DJI fly method, you need to exit camera view to be able to see firmware update if needed ...

You need to use DJI Assistant on a PC/notebook and it can be done with DJI Fly App too.

Here is the link from DJI forum describing it:

They experienced what you have described above.

Your Options:
#1 DJI Assistant

#2 DJI FLY APP
Thank you

When I installed my 2nd battery to update, I also thought that it wouldn't update. But then I finally figured out to leave the system powered up for a few minutes, the software has to run through a lot of self checks and such and finally recognizes the battery needs an update. My 3rd battery I powered up and let it sit and do its thing without any interference on my part and finally the update message popped up. Just have to be patient.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fara