DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 crash/gap rear arm

elliotaub

Reactions
My Mavic Air 2 had a run in with some tree branches and came crashing down. Everything seems fine, no warnings on screen and it hovers/flys fine. But there is a gap now on the rear arm. It’s not loose, just out of place. I took out the two screws holding the arm in, but they are placed correctly into threaded holes. The whole hinge seems to be slid out. Applying pressure to push it back in doesn’t work. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or had this problem?
It seems ok, but I’m nervous to fly it too much now.

Attachments

• 2AF5D811-C395-4B94-82BB-C8CF46F59828.jpeg
    2AF5D811-C395-4B94-82BB-C8CF46F59828.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
It looks like the rear pivot shaft has broken away from the frame.

Watching arm replacement/repair videos I am prompted to ask, is there a reason that the cable MUST be a solder connection to the board?
I am just wondering if it would be possible/sensible for DJI to use an in-line block connector that might allow an arm to be removed with out all the dismantling that is required to access the solder joints?

Thanks for the replies! If soldering and dismantling the aircraft are necessary, I’ll have to have it repaired by someone else. Who is best for repairs? DJI? or other company like dronenerds? (I did not get the DJI coverage, wishing I had lol)

Thanks for the replies! If soldering and dismantling the aircraft are necessary, I’ll have to have it repaired by someone else. Who is best for repairs? DJI? or other company like dronenerds? (I did not get the DJI coverage, wishing I had lol)
Try DJIDrone Service.... a member here @DDS

I ended up sending it into DJI. They sent a refurbished drone back. Took about a week and a half. They charged me around $90
You didn't have DJI coverage and y they still sent you a refurbished replacement for$90? I only ask because i am in the same situation right now.

You didn't have DJI coverage and y they still sent you a refurbished replacement for$90? I only ask because i am in the same situation right now.
Exactly. I had hear that DJI sends out refurbished ones for a faster turn around. So I took that gamble, and sure enough I got back a drone that was pretty much new. I have not found a single scratch.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhop786