DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ma2 ebay multicharger

HusT

Reactions
Hi. Has anyone tried 3rd party charger for ma2 from ebay. I would tried them but im worried they will destroy my batteries. They claim it charges all batteries at the same time. And the prices are ok

I use a 3rd party car charger (absolutely no issues) and will not hesitate when I want a 2nd charger for home let’s say. I’m yet to see a report of a problem with one. Converting ac into dc isn’t that relatively complicated and the “intelligence” is within the batteries not the chargers. Volts are volts.

don’t get me wrong a really cheap switching power supply is not ideal but worst outcome 99% of the time is it will stop working. If something goes wrong with charging a DJI battery it would of most likely gone wrong whatever the charger. I mean look at all the batteries that got reported as bricked early on for the MA2 with DJIchargers.

I’ve now got a Hanatora (Yx) charger for each of my Mavics, for faster charging while in the field, or when charging in the morning. These have been reliable chargers as reviewed by other forum members for the last few years.

4F03F8CE-E623-42EB-B2DB-FE983152BBCD.jpeg

I’ve now got a Hanatora (Yx) charger for each of my Mavics, for faster charging while in the field, or when charging in the morning. These have been reliable chargers as reviewed by other forum members for the last few years.

View attachment 111739
Yes I really don’t know why DJI don’t produce a bank charger for 2 batteries simultaneously at least in the combos. Anyway I”m happy to use 3rd party the pricing is more realistic.

The question is this: Are you going to trust $350+ dollars of batteries to a $20-$40 no name charger? I know I'm not...... That said, I DO wish DJI would come out with a charger that charged all 3 batteries at the same time, but, the fact that they don't offer that I think tells you a little about the safety and wisdom of trying to charge more than one at a time. I did buy this 12V sine wave charger for charging batteries in my car, but it's a well-know company, built in fuse protection, sine wave, etc.

The question is this: Are you going to trust $350+ dollars of batteries to a $20-$40 no name charger? I know I'm not...... That said, I DO wish DJI would come out with a charger that charged all 3 batteries at the same time, but, the fact that they don't offer that I think tells you a little about the safety and wisdom of trying to charge more than one at a time. I did buy this 12V sine wave charger for charging batteries in my car, but it's a well-know company, built in fuse protection, sine wave, etc.

I understand your hypothesis, but I have yet to see evidence that a 3rd party charger is capable off damaging the batteries. Mind you there is evidence around (though I think it’s also just a rare fault) of the DJI bank bricking batteries when charging all batteries for the first time. And even a couple of examples of failure would not necessarily confirm that they were an issue because we can assume that the DJI branded chargers have had the odd issue too. For me if it was an issue we would have a number of people giving their anecdotal accounts of problems in this thread. Yet we have people stating they have not had an issue.

I’d also add that you may be right about DJI not offering multi-charging because they see it as unsafe but I could also speculate cynically that they don’t offer it for marketing reasons.

I race RC cars and we charge multiple batteries on the regular with our equipment, as do FPV quadcopter guys. Yes it’s not the same equipment, charger & batteries, etc. but it is easily engineered.

obviously each to their own, but I just wanted to point out the evidence doesn’t support your assertion, yet! It’s an interesting topic as batteries are definitely the most potentially dangerous item we use. For me good care, good charging practice and vigilant monitoring of battery health is key to the best protection. As it is so important I wonder some times if we are being taken advantage of with overpriced electronics that give us perhaps a false sense of security.

Reactions: AJVC4S and hidroela
I understand your hypothesis, but I have yet to see evidence that a 3rd party charger is capable off damaging the batteries.
I don't know of anyone personally who has had issues with 3rd party chargers and DJI batteries, but I have seen people say they have, and, I do know people who have had issues with 3rd party battery chargers and Nikon and Cannon DSLR batteries.

I have been using the first charger u linked for over 200 cycles between 3 batteries no issues....same for my mav 2 pro but that one is an rc geeks....it beats 3.5 charge time for 3 batteries! Shoot all 3 done in about an hour and 20 min.

Reactions: AJVC4S and netsonic
I don't know of anyone personally who has had issues with 3rd party chargers and DJI batteries, but I have seen people say they have, and, I do know people who have had issues with 3rd party battery chargers and Nikon and Cannon DSLR batteries.

That is a really good point. 3rd party batteries in the camera world are notorious. However, I also think there is more to that. 1. mostly it's the 3rd party batteries that have issues. Swelling and getting stuck. The chargers I'm not so sure, but they are interesting as they are normally powered by USB cables and I think people use phone USB power outlets with too much wattage/amps. Just a theory. I'm careful to only use 1a chargers with any small Lithium based batteries. But yes they don't have a good reputation. That is true.

I'm also using the Hanatora 6-in-1 for my MA2 batteries with no issues at all. Love the time it saves charging four batteries at the same time. ?

Last edited:
Hi. Has anyone tried 3rd party charger for ma2 from ebay. I would tried them but im worried they will destroy my batteries. They claim it charges all batteries at the same time. And the prices are ok

I bought one, I believe from Amazon, it works great. It will charge up to four batteries and the controller at the same time. The one I bought has a charging base and four short cords fro the batteries.

Reactions: AJVC4S
I’d also add that you may be right about DJI not offering multi-charging because they see it as unsafe but I could also speculate cynically that they don’t offer it for marketing reasons.
Back in the day when I had my Spark, it came with a three battery charger that did charge all three at the same time. Of course you can only use them one at a time, but my MA2 takes forever to just charge one battery. The only advantage of the MA2 multi battery charging is I can leave it. And in spite of the dire warnings, I do not sit there the whole time watching in case they catch fire. Instead I watch my Tesla charge in the driveway.

For those of you that are technical, you already understand that the term "smart battery" implies the charging logic is within the battery it's self and all that is required is within the boundaries of the charging circuit and a temperature monitor for safety. Looking at the construction of the DJI charger. it appears to be the most basic charger providing only DC power to the battery with only one sense wire (see diagram of battery pin out supplied with drone). This supports the theory of a simple over temp sensor in case of a smart battery failure. Don't be driven by fear, the idea something is special about the DJI charger is not supported or implied.

I own the Yx charger, I've used them with every drone I've owned without a single issue. Its simply 4 basic chargers in one box, priced as chargers should be, not as product manufactures price "accessories" (very high margins). Have no fear using the Yx supply, many regulars on YouTube have used and recommend aftermarket supplies as well. I can't speak for all of them but the Yx is a quality product and doing a search you'll find mostly happy owners. And no, I'm not a representative of the product or am compensated in any way. I just hat to waste money or time. the Yx is priced well and saves a ton of time when charging multiple batteries at the same time.

My 2¢

The Yx model you show, also available at Amazon, is the very best charger money can buy. I have one for my Mavic Air and has worked great for months now. It is a smart charger that will charge up to 4 batteries plus a phone or controller simultaneously and much quicker that than charging one at a time like the DJI does. The way it comes packed, and the look and feel is more like an Apple product. I was amazed when I first got it. I have not purchased it for my MA2, because it is still priced high. It will come down in price, it has already some. The car charger from the same brand, is equally as good. Highly recommend from personal experience.

Reactions: rcourtney671

If you use that logic, you need to buy carbon fiber props, as the ones that come from DJI are less than $5 each...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burke_chris_001