DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Flight Data Center -- no records?

Nospampls

Reactions
In Fly app: Profile > More brings up Flight Data Center. I see Total Distance 170 km, Total Flight Time 27.2 h and Total Flights 252. But nothing displays below the heading row containing Date Distance Altitude Duration and All Aircraft. In other words there are no flight records, just the totals (which are not for my MA2).

The flight data above is somewhat less than my totals on my MA as shown in the DJI Go 4 app but far more than my totals on my MA2. I have the same DJI login for both my drones (i.e. both apps).

1) Where is my flight data for my new MA2 with only a handful of flights? Am I missing something about how to sync my records to the cloud?

2) The All Aircraft is a drop-down in the app. Nothing drops down. Should I expect to see one or both of my drones there?

Thanks for any help.

In Fly app: Profile > More brings up Flight Data Center. I see Total Distance 170 km, Total Flight Time 27.2 h and Total Flights 252. But nothing displays below the heading row containing Date Distance Altitude Duration and All Aircraft. In other words there are no flight records, just the totals (which are not for my MA2).

The flight data above is somewhat less than my totals on my MA as shown in the DJI Go 4 app but far more than my totals on my MA2. I have the same DJI login for both my drones (i.e. both apps).

1) Where is my flight data for my new MA2 with only a handful of flights? Am I missing something about how to sync my records to the cloud?

2) The All Aircraft is a drop-down in the app. Nothing drops down. Should I expect to see one or both of my drones there?

Thanks for any help.
You have to go to the settings in the upper right on that page, and turn on sync flights over wifi. However, the sync is still not working correctly, and is corrupting flight records exported from GO 4, and the AirData import of many of the FLY flight records are missing 90% of each flight! Neither FLY nor GO 4 can read records synced from the other app, but AirData should be able to display both, but the corruption is truncating the uploaded FLY records.

You have to go to the settings in the upper right on that page, and turn on sync flights over wifi. However, the sync is still not working correctly, and is corrupting flight records exported from GO 4, and the AirData import of many of the FLY flight records are missing 90% of each flight! Neither FLY nor GO 4 can read records synced from the other app, but AirData should be able to display both, but the corruption is truncating the uploaded FLY records.
Thanks. However on the Flight Data Center page of the Fly app (Android) I don't have Settings anywhere. Any ideas?

Invisible -- yes, I have that screen. Settings shows that I have Auto-sync Flight Records enabled, and I have had it enabled since before my query. I've attached a screen shot of my Flight Data Center page from the Fly app and was expecting to see a list of records below the heading line "Date Distance Altitude Duration All Aircraft". Am I expecting too much? Are the records someplace else? I'm confused. Also, the "All Aircraft" heading is a drop-down which is empty. Finally, I don't know what the numbers represent -- they certainly aren't for my MA2 and are not large enough for my MA which uses DJI Go 4, not Fly. Again, I use the same login for both Fly and Go 4 if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any additional help.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 39
Having 100% exactly the same issue. Any solution to your problem after? Looking for some insight. Can't view my old flight records recorded on the DJI go4 app, and the drone isn't logging new flight records in the DJI fly app for the MA2. Exactly same issue as stated above. Did you ever find a solution?
Regards,
Paul

Any solution to your problem after?
Well sort of. I chatted with DJI support, no help. Later, for other reasons, I changed my Android device and immediately the flight data was displayed and uploaded. My old one was an Asus Zenpad 3s 10 and the new one a Samsung Tab S5e. The only thing I can figure is that the Fly app is somehow not compatible with all Androids. Perhaps a version issue. I think the Zenpad was version 6, the S5e is on version 9.

You might try borrowing another device. Just log in with your usual credentials. I think the records are associated with your account, not your device.

Hope you get it sorted.

Reactions: Paul Wall
One apparent solution getting AirData access to the uncorrupted Fly records is turning the Fly sync flights option to OFF before each flight, and then turning it back to ON after the flight. The flight record will then sync correctly with AirData.com, after Fly has synced the flight with DJI. Make sure to again turn Fly syncing back to OFF before the next MA2 flight!

Thanks for getting back to me gentleman. I have an Iphone XS. Two flights on my new AIR 2 and no data recorded, even though the flight data cache shows there is data. I believe the issue is because I had the Mavic 2 Pro and DJIGO4 app previously. I deleted the DJIGO4 app, installed the DJI FLY app, and now it shows my hours and number of flights, but cannot select an aircraft, can't view any of the existing flight data, and no records showing up from my flights with the AIR 2. My "number of flights" has not increased since I've bought the AIR 2 and flown with the DJI fly app. It seems to be a glitch with the cloud or the app. I will try the suggestion from the user above ^^ and see if that helps anything. Any other advice, please keep me posted. Thank you.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I had the Mavic 2 Pro and DJIGO4 app previously.
You might be on to something there. I also had used DJI Go app previously (Mavic Air) under the same account. If I recall correctly, in the Fly app I was seeing some totals from that app, but could not select an aircraft nor see any records. So that may be where their bug lies. Here's a suggestion -- create a new account (different email address) and use it as a test. You'll have to make one flight to populate the data. You should be able to do this because different users can use the same aircraft I believe.

Couple midterms upcoming this week. I'll experiment this weekend and update you. I will try your suggestion. Thank you. I'm going to try and access flight data from the aircraft directly, try to upload them to the cloud if possible, and see if this changes anything in the app. Will keep you posted.

So, @Nospampls, I attempted a short flight last night and tried something @GadgetGuy mentioned up above.

QUOTE: "One apparent solution getting AirData access to the uncorrupted Fly records is turning the Fly sync flights option to OFF before each flight, and then turning it back to ON after the flight. The flight record will then sync correctly with AirData.com, after Fly has synced the flight with DJI. Make sure to again turn Fly syncing back to OFF before the next MA2 flight!" End-Quote.

I was fairly skeptical and didn't think this would do much but figured it was still worth a try. I turned off the flight-record sync and did a short flight. Upon returning from my flight I waited about half an hour, then opened the app and turned the flight-record sync back on. The problem seems to be solved. My number of flights and hours flown both updated. And I can now view my aircraft in the flight logs. The recent flights are viewable. All seems to be well. Thanks again for everyone's help.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
So, @Nospampls, I attempted a short flight last night and tried something @GadgetGuy mentioned up above.

QUOTE: "One apparent solution getting AirData access to the uncorrupted Fly records is turning the Fly sync flights option to OFF before each flight, and then turning it back to ON after the flight. The flight record will then sync correctly with AirData.com, after Fly has synced the flight with DJI. Make sure to again turn Fly syncing back to OFF before the next MA2 flight!" End-Quote.

I was fairly skeptical and didn't think this would do much but figured it was still worth a try. I turned off the flight-record sync and did a short flight. Upon returning from my flight I waited about half an hour, then opened the app and turned the flight-record sync back on. The problem seems to be solved. My number of flights and hours flown both updated. And I can now view my aircraft in the flight logs. The recent flights are viewable. All seems to be well. Thanks again for everyone's help.
Glad it worked for you, too! ?

Where do I access my uploaded flights online? where is this flight data center online?

Thanks in advance

I meant online not in the app...can you please help?
No can do. Only access is through the Fly app, as the file is stored on the device, and then uploaded to DJI servers, where, if the sync was not corrupted (most are), AirData can access it, after setting up an account and giving it access to your DJI log on. To prevent corruption, turn off sync before the flight, and turn it back on after.

Im having the same issue. I bought a M3 and not turning on my MA2 for months. Today I turned it on to see how much flights/ length/ time I have in air. But my LogData-Center is showing nothing...
0 mins, 0 meters, 0 flights.
I turned on the Synchronization. Does anyone know what to do here, to get that information

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura