DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 MA2 flying through the trees on a foggy morning

Steve F

Reactions
Site
www.stephenfischerphotography.com
I have been impressed with the MA2 in cinematic (tripod) mode and its collision avoidance capabilities. The following is a video I captured flying through a grove of oak trees under foggy conditions. With the collision avoidance sensors on it gives me a good degree of confidence for avoiding potential impacts with the low hanging tree branches.

Very relaxing video Steve. Curiosity, how many times dd you move from original spot?
I flew from two different locations that morning, and the video is from about 3 different clips in order to create something that seemed to flow right for the final produced video.

I have been impressed with the MA2 in cinematic (tripod) mode and its collision avoidance capabilities. The following is a video I captured flying through a grove of oak trees under foggy conditions. With the collision avoidance sensors on it gives me a good degree of confidence for avoiding potential impacts with the low hanging tree branches.

Great video and great flying. Mesmerizing, soothing and relaxing, because I wasn't doing the flying.

• Love
Reactions: Paulf10 and Barbara
Steve,
Nice job! What a pleasure to view. So relaxing.

I echo Barbara’s sentiments.
Mark

Reactions: Paulf10
Nice..where was that? Reminds me of the scrub oaks in the Monterey area around the now closed Ft. Ord.

Nice..where was that? Reminds me of the scrub oaks in the Monterey area around the now closed Ft. Ord.
Thanks. This grove of oaks is on the eastern outskirts of Sacramento along the southeast shore of Lake Natoma. I like this particular area due to the density of tree here and its accessibility as part of the California Parks system.

Interesting video. Thanks for sharing. Allow me a question, didn't you consider the humidity in the environment with fear of damaging the electronics of the drone? I don't think I was capable of taking risks, although I don't know if it really is a "toxic" environment for our drones.

Thanks. This grove of oaks is on the eastern outskirts of Sacramento along the southeast shore of Lake Natoma. I like this particular area due to the density of tree here and its accessibility as part of the California Parks system.
Well no wonder it looked so familiar. I was born in Sacramento and we spent nearly every weekend at our cabin near Plymouth...River Pines. Leaving Sacramento you climb through those oaks in the foothills. Thanks for the note...I hope you can guess how much I like your video! :)

Lovely! :) Nice capture of squirrel! :)

Nice work! I also was wondering about any negative effects to the drone due to moisture?

Interesting video. Thanks for sharing. Allow me a question, didn't you consider the humidity in the environment with fear of damaging the electronics of the drone? I don't think I was capable of taking risks, although I don't know if it really is a "toxic" environment for our drones.
It is a concern. As a long time photographer (Stephen Fischer Photography) I have had my share of experiences in dealing with excessive moisture with my gear. But what good is your gear if you are not willing to push it to get some more interesting results?
On this particular morning I did have some condensation accumulate on some of the extremities of the drone between flights. To mitigate this I leave the drone powered on after landing for another 5 minutes, allowing the internal fan in it to continue running to keep the electronics warm to avoid any moisture accumulation on the inside. I also wiped down the drone with a soft micro-fleece towel I keep in my drone bag. Before stowing it in my pelican case for longer storage times I leave it out for about a day in a dry environment (e.g. my house). The other thing you can do is place it on the dashboard of your car and run the defroster with the AC on to create a large flow of dry air.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98