DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 is anyone still having issues after last update?

Reactions
Hi everyone I'm still having the issues that were reported after the last APP,AC & RC updates!! I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? I have deleted and re installed fly app a few times as well as refreshing AC&RC firmware a few times on DJI Assistant, Poor slow stuttery blackout FPV footage on the android phone screen and sometimes the app crashes leaving me with no confidence in flying the aircraft. I have a Mini1 and Mini2 and I use the same android phone with no issues I emailed DJI 8 days ago and yesterday and have yet to receive anything back.

Reactions: JackL
Just a couple quick observations...

The new update has an improvement for auto-takeoff which smooths the lift-off and quiets the motor run. Now MA2 lifts off and settles at 1M without fighting itself. Nice improvement. Probably saves a little battery.

Precision RTH landing is working fantastic. I have Fn switch set for Gimbal down. I auto-takeoff and at 1M I rotate camera down so it can visualize the landing mat. I raise vertically to ~20 ft, still with camera looking down, and then raise camera and venture off. So far the procedure has worked every time for precision landing back on the mat.

Reactions: StantonZ
Hi everyone I'm still having the issues that were reported after the last APP,AC & RC updates!! I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? I have deleted and re installed fly app a few times as well as refreshing AC&RC firmware a few times on DJI Assistant, Poor slow stuttery blackout FPV footage on the android phone screen and sometimes the app crashes leaving me with no confidence in flying the aircraft. I have a Mini1 and Mini2 and I use the same android phone with no issues I emailed DJI 8 days ago and yesterday and have yet to receive anything back.
no issues...

Just a couple quick observations...

The new update has an improvement for auto-takeoff which smooths the lift-off and quiets the motor run. Now MA2 lifts off and settles at 1M without fighting itself. Nice improvement. Probably saves a little battery.

Precision RTH landing is working fantastic. I have Fn switch set for Gimbal down. I auto-takeoff and at 1M I rotate camera down so it can visualize the landing mat. I raise vertically to ~20 ft, still with camera looking down, and then raise camera and venture off. So far the procedure has worked every time for precision landing back on the mat.
PL uses the downward vision sensor cameras. There's no need to point the gimbal down.
It's cool though to watch it land precisely with the gimbal down though. It's like watching on board camera footage of the Falcon 9 first stage landing.

Right guys wish I'd waited a little longer before posting!! Refreshed everything again this morning and had a good trouble free couple of hours flying ??even used the MA2 RC to fly my MM2 with no issues at all. Did an RTH on both craft wow the MA2 landed within inches of take off excellent ?the MM2 did well too roughly a couple of metres, really enjoyed flying today ?

I’m not having any flight issues after the updates, but I’m having a serious controller issue. As we know, the MA2 and the Mini 2 both have (Effectively) the same controller. I love the NA2 and it’s controller, I think it’s a big improvement over the Mini 1 (Which was my first drone) My issue is that last time I went into the d1.com.au shop front store I was shown the Smart Controller. I knew it existed, but to pick it up and hold it is something else. I want one but if my wife finds out I’m in deep trouble. Here in Australia it’s $1099.00AU

• Haha
Reactions: chunkymonkey38
I’m not having any flight issues after the updates, but I’m having a serious controller issue. As we know, the MA2 and the Mini 2 both have (Effectively) the same controller. I love the NA2 and it’s controller, I think it’s a big improvement over the Mini 1 (Which was my first drone) My issue is that last time I went into the d1.com.au shop front store I was shown the Smart Controller. I knew it existed, but to pick it up and hold it is something else. I want one but if my wife finds out I’m in deep trouble. Here in Australia it’s $1099.00AU
To be truthful I also have MM1 and it was a toss up between SC or MM2! Obviously decided on MM2 but now I have both I've already put the word in "with the boss" LOL

I installed DJI FLY 1.2.1 last night and the lag and poor broken up video stream was so bad my MA2 was not really flyable, though the map did seem to move right and it controlled well. I went back to 1.2.0 and all is well again. I use an android tablet.

Right guys wish I'd waited a little longer before posting!! Refreshed everything again this morning and had a good trouble free couple of hours flying ??even used the MA2 RC to fly my MM2 with no issues at all. Did an RTH on both craft wow the MA2 landed within inches of take off excellent ?the MM2 did well too roughly a couple of metres, really enjoyed flying today ?
It’s probably your phone I use iOS never any trouble whatsoever but back in the day I used android I had a lot of trouble with my old MP.

I installed DJI FLY 1.2.1 last night and the lag and poor broken up video stream was so bad my MA2 was not really flyable, though the map did seem to move right and it controlled well. I went back to 1.2.0 and all is well again. I use an android tablet.
I had the same issues. Go to your settings in the menu and switch the camera feed from HD to smooth. Cleared mine right up.

How did u refresh everything, in DJI Assistant?
I flew today after updating and got 2-3 second delay/lag.
Also while shooting there were a couple of times it wouldn't reverse or go down.
It took me a couple of minutes to land from 5 feet off the ground... it did nothing when holding stick down I had to keep pulling it down repetitively and it would lower about an inch at a time.

How did u refresh everything, in DJI Assistant?
I flew today after updating and got 2-3 second delay/lag.
Also while shooting there were a couple of times it wouldn't reverse or go down.
It took me a couple of minutes to land from 5 feet off the ground... it did nothing when holding stick down I had to keep pulling it down repetitively and it would lower about an inch at a time.
I made a thread about my experience with the 1.2.1 update if you want to check it out.
DJI FLY 1.2.1 was a major failure for me | DJI Mavic Drone Forum (mavicpilots.com)

For DJI assistant, you just download DJI Assistant 2- DJI Download Center- DJI and install it on a PC and plug in the USB port on your bird to the PC. It worked fine for me when I tried it. I haven't used it for updating yet just OTA from my controller/tablet.

Reactions: JackL
For the most part all the issues have been fixed except for 2 things, one small issue is when you toggle to video mode they're missing 3x Zoom it jumps from 2x to 4x zoom not a big deal. The other serious issue is I'm using an Android tablet and every once in awhile in flight my tablet screen goes black for about 8sec but comes right back, I still had control over the Drone I always try to keep it within line-of-sight but occasionally I will lose sight of it if you take your eye off of it that could be scary if you lose sight when the screen goes blank. I have over 600 flights with my MA2 so far and not one single mechanical issue other than app updates and firmware update issues. Fly smart always fly with caution anytime there's an new app update or a firmware update to ensure there's no issues.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters