DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FLY 1.2.1 was a major failure for me

JackL

Reactions
Not sure if it is just my unsupported ONN tablet but DJI FLY 1.2.0 and the earlier version of FLY I used are pretty great. I've flown out 3 miles. with rock solid connection. I updated DJI FLY to 1.2.1 last night and had major lag, no range and mostly broken up video at any range. I rebooted the tablet and generally gave it a chance with multiple tries but was forced to uninstall 1.2.1 and put 1.2.0 back on and it is back to awesome. Thankfully all my logs and stuff were undamaged and still there. Anyone else have this? Is it possible a slow SD card in the tablet could cause any of this? Thanks for any input.

This is a new MA2 with latest firmware on the aircraft

Last edited:
Would be helpful if you specified what the "latest firmware" version is.
There were significant problems with AC/RC firmware combinations a few weeks ago, and app v1.2.1 was in fact part of the solution to the problem. However, if there has been another drone firmware update, there could be another problem. I haven't/don't update firmware unless there's a problem...and I think I saw a message for an update (which I ignored).

Reactions: JackL
So here are my versions of everything that is working seriously perfectly for me. Flew out 3 miles today with full HD feed and video caching on.

Screenshot_20201209-204957.png

I noticed I have two separate builds of DJI FLY 1.2.0 in my downloads folder as well when I went to reinstall but the info screen doesn't show minor revisions. I am running .46039 currently. Not sure if any of this is helpful to anyone but as far as I am concerned I have found the magic numbers that work for me. I hope someone figures a way to load maps locally so it never has to see the internet again.

Screenshot_20201209-211058.png

Seems like at least in my case I have had more issues with updates inte h Android platform, anytime I had an issue moving over to IPAD mini would not exhibit anything seen on Android. In my case clearing cache on the phone and fresh install would remedy minor problems outside of known bugs with actual Fly App software.

I'm not a fan when DJI updates the app, but keeps the version number the same.

You can see the app build number and if it was obtained from Play or side-loaded by going to profile, Settings and scroll the left all the way down.

I currently have 1.2.1(898-googleplay)

Seems like at least in my case I have had more issues with updates inte h Android platform, anytime I had an issue moving over to IPAD mini would not exhibit anything seen on Android. In my case clearing cache on the phone and fresh install would remedy minor problems outside of known bugs with actual Fly App software.
When I first unboxed it I ran into the DJI FLY does not work on 32 bit phones problem so I borrowed an iPhone and it was truly flawless. I have been considering getting an ipad. I'm working good now so I will see how the next few updates shake out for everyone before making any changes.

I'm not a fan when DJI updates the app, but keeps the version number the same.

You can see the app build number and if it was obtained from Play or side-loaded by going to profile, Settings and scroll the left all the way down.

I currently have 1.2.1(898-googleplay)

Thanks for that! I am going to check for new revisions more often now that I realize they do this. I probably wont install one without a seriously compelling reason but I will have them to try if it ever goes all sideways again!!

The funny thing was that on release of MM1, I myself found that detail, but a year later forgot where it was and couldn't find it. I was reminded to scroll down.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d