DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Nov 5, 2020 Update Ver#1.2.0

So has the issue been fixed or no? I rolled mine back to a previous version and it alleviated all the issues I was experiencing and turned off my automatic updates. Android user here, So can anyone confirm if they've released a newer update solving the bugs?

I have not seen any new versions appear after 1.2.0, I am assuming that DJI, like many companies when they release something buggy, without or little acknowledgement, set out fix it and within days or sometimes longer a new version magically appears that fixes most if not all the glitches and may gives you some new ones.

It is Android. Where is the build number found? Just flew again a few minutes ago and had not issues; however the battery temp AND the battery voltage graphing don't show anything in Airdata. The battery info stopped working with 1.1.10. It worked properly with 1.1.9. The Fly app has constant problems that the GO4 app didn't and doesn't have.
Oh that go app has had some doozies bro you have no clue how bad it has been in the past.

So I thought maybe since the bird got an update maybe 1.2.0 would match it and work properly. I was wrong. Now the feed in ANY mode not just 48MP is severely crippled. 5+ second lag then freeze. Android user. And at one point while swapping modes the app completely forced closed. Rolled back again to the previous version and haven't had the chance to fly it since.

I just did the update today on Fly app and it was mostly for the Mini 2 that's coming out soon... So after I did the update when I boot up the Drone the app boots up to a blank screen. If you push photo/video toggle button and use it on video mode it works perfectly fine also 1x 2x 3x 4x zoom 3x is now missing. When you toggle back photo mode sometimes it works but it's a little choppy and the live picture freezes. And you can toggle back to video mode and it works perfectly fine and the live picture feed is perfectly smooth. I also noticed it used to say tripod mode with a T now it's a C for Cinema mode. It looks like they updated the fly app to fit their Mini 2 but screwed up the Mavic Air 2 app in the process. I'm using an Android phone and tablet they both do the same thing not sure if it affects the iPhone.

This is DJI response to this problem:

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We appreciate your patiennce and we received our engineers feedback. Please see them as listed below:

1. Indoor environment interference is causing the video feed delay.
2. Only tap on “4K ZOOM”, “2.7K”, and “1080P” (indicated by the red frame) to enable the zoom function.
3. Tripod mode renamed to Cinemode, the function is the same as before.

I even sent them the detailed video that I posted on this form. DJI technical support and their engineering department totally sucks. This is obviously an app update issue and a conflict between the new Mini 2 and the mavic Air 2.

I just did the update today on Fly app and it was mostly for the Mini 2 that's coming out soon... So after I did the update when I boot up the Drone the app boots up to a blank screen. If you push photo/video toggle button and use it on video mode it works perfectly fine also 1x 2x 3x 4x zoom 3x is now missing. When you toggle back photo mode sometimes it works but it's a little choppy and the live picture freezes. And you can toggle back to video mode and it works perfectly fine and the live picture feed is perfectly smooth. I also noticed it used to say tripod mode with a T now it's a C for Cinema mode. It looks like they updated the fly app to fit their Mini 2 but screwed up the Mavic Air 2 app in the process. I'm using an Android phone and tablet they both do the same thing not sure if it affects the iPhone.

This is DJI response to this problem:

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We appreciate your patiennce and we received our engineers feedback. Please see them as listed below:

1. Indoor environment interference is causing the video feed delay.
2. Only tap on “4K ZOOM”, “2.7K”, and “1080P” (indicated by the red frame) to enable the zoom function.
3. Tripod mode renamed to Cinemode, the function is the same as before.

I even sent them the detailed video that I posted on this form. DJI technical support and their engineering department totally sucks. This is obviously an app update issue and a conflict between the new Mini 2 and the mavic Air 2.
Some people seem to have gotten it to work, however if you need to revert to a previous version like 1.1.10, you can do that of course on Android, and a pilot in another thread found a video that appears to allow you too revert to 1.1.10 on IOS as well.. Its in this thread and message.. #16

According to what I've been reading there was an update yesterday that was supposed to fix it but i'm waiting to see what people say about it. Second SW/FW Update for Recent 1.2/V02 Update

If you scroll down on this page you can see all previous versions available DJI Fly 1.1.9 (2045258) APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

Some people seem to have gotten it to work, however if you need to revert to a previous version like 1.1.10, you can do that of course on Android, and a pilot in another thread found a video that appears to allow you too revert to 1.1.10 on IOS as well.. Its in this thread and message.. #16
With regards to the downgrade 1.1.10 on the DJI website for IOS. I did it and what I discovered for both IPhone 7 + and Ipad Mini4 when I tap the battery icon the app freezes... Had to hit the home button close and restart DJI FLY app on both devices to regain access to the touch screen. I tired several times and I can confirm the downgrade have issues on both devices. As for my Honor 8x running 1.2.0 no app freezing issues...seems to be running as normal. Will try a test flight if the weather holds tomorrow and revert. From what I can see everything works as it should...so far.

With regards to the downgrade 1.1.10 on the DJI website for IOS. I did it and what I discovered for both IPhone 7 + and Ipad Mini4 when I tap the battery icon the app freezes... Had to hit the home button close and restart DJI FLY app on both devices to regain access to the touch screen. I tired several times and I can confirm the downgrade have issues on both devices. As for my Honor 8x running 1.2.0 no app freezing issues...seems to be running as normal. Will try a test flight if the weather holds tomorrow and revert. From what I can see everything works as it should...so far.

Did you restart your iPhone or iPad after you did the downgrade? Another thing to maybe check, if after you deleted the 1.2.0 app, use Files to check and see if the DJI Fly data folder is also gone or empty, if somehow it leaves something behind, could cause an issue. May be worth a restart after the app delete before trying to install the downgrade..

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro