DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Pilot from Pittsburgh Checking In and Hoping to Network/Discuss and Regale!

PITTMAV69

Reactions
Hello Everyone. I'm pretty stoked that I found this forum. I started flying a short time ago and am almost ready to take my 107 test. I will be offering aerial video/photography services as well as site surveys and aerial inspections for those in the fields of Live Event Production; Electrical; Roofing; Industrial Construction; Scientific; Exploration; Education and Real Estate. I have branched out from my usual career as a professional Lighting and Special FX Designer in the Live Event; Concert Touring and Theater industry. We haven't seen much work these days with public gatherings and concerts all but wiped from existence. That being the case; I decided to take my love of technology and programming into the world of Drone Tech. I will primarily be flying high end video/camera drones but I am also planning to start several custom drone projects involving land and underwater based technology. It's great to be here. Thank you all for having me. Fly Safe.

- "Every Now and Then We Had the Thought; That If We Lived and Were Good; God Would Permit Us To Be Pirates..."
- Mark Twain

Pitt, Which drone do you have? Where do you like to fly around Pittsburgh? I plan on getting my 107 this winter.
I have a Mavic Air 2 and Smart Controller but plan on upgrading to a more professional camera when the Mavic 3 or newer version comes out.

Pitt, Which drone do you have? Where do you like to fly around Pittsburgh? I plan on getting my 107 this winter.
I have a Mavic Air 2 and Smart Controller but plan on upgrading to a more professional camera when the Mavic 3 or newer version comes out.
Heya Electro. I'm in Wexford. I'm still gathering info on good places to fly but I've done a little bit near North Park with a friend. I'm flying a Mav Air 2 and will probably add the Mavic Pro 2 and Inspire Pro when it upgrades to the next level. If you know of any good places to fly; I'm all ears. Thanks; my dude.

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome. I'll be posting pics and video of my projects as soon as I get some good footage. I'll also post pics of my hard case mod. I'm taking an Apache 4800 case from Harbor Freight and customizing the pluck n pull foam so I can carry a complete package. It will hold the MA2; Controller; 4 batteries (plus 1 on board the aircraft); A MavMount; iPad Pro 9.7in; Power Supply and Multicharger strip; extra props; cables and MicroSD Cards. Foam will be coated with Plasti-Dip. Top and Bottom foam sections will also be sealed together with rubber cement.
I look forward to seeing pics and videos of your ideas and mods as well. Thanks again. Fly Safe.

Hi PittMav69.

I'm just getting started myself (couldn't pass up the $399 Amazon Prime Days price for the Mini FMC). It's still sitting (sealed) in the box as I'm waiting to see if there's something better on Black Friday, but then I'm planning on diving in.

I live quite close to Pine Community Park, so that's likely to be my initial testing ground.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU