DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 won't go an further than 50m and max altitude is 30m

My ID box has always been empty and worked fine until just a few days ago. Day before that I could take it up to 400ft limit that I set. I have refreshed the firmware on both the smart controller and MA2 but nothing I try seems to work. I hit about 95ft and I get that login dialogue that flashes for a half a second. I called Customer Service and they haven't a clue what I am talking about. I talked to the tech support and the best they had to offer was to send it back and use one of my replacements on my refresh plan. I said no to that. Seems like a warranty issue, not something I need to pay 50 bucks to have replaced.
I think it doesn’t related to any warranty in this case, altitude can occur only if satellites are not enough

That's not an issue in my case. I show at least 16 satellites when I fly. There are some really old posts about this very topic but I haven't seen any conclusions or replies on a real fix. It looks like it is really easy to fix or nobody has flown very high or far in the last year or more.

After struggling a lot with this problem (30m height and 50 meters away limit), and several emails exchange with DJI, my problem is now solved.

There are 4 factors that are now different:

1. DJI Fly app 1.3.0
2. Aircraft firmware 01.02.03
3. I fly the aircraft with the iPhone in airplane mode -> this is what DJI instructed
4. I added in remote identification a name and a flight description (what I read on this topic).

I am not sure which of the above made a difference, but the point is that I can now fly where before I could not.

Aircraft: DJI Mini 2.

Mistery solved:

It is point 3: Put the phone in aiplane mode.

Today I flew my drone several times with airplane mode -> zero problems.

The one time I forgot to do that, 30 meters limit kicked on. Landed, put the phone in airplane mode, problem gone.

Mistery solved:

It is point 3: Put the phone in aiplane mode.

Today I flew my drone several times with airplane mode -> zero problems.

The one time I forgot to do that, 30 meters limit kicked on. Landed, put the phone in airplane mode, problem gone.
I have a smart controller. I wish that fix would work for me. Has to be some software issue but I have reset everything several times and it's a no go. I miss flying around higher than 98ft.

Has anyone found any resolution to this issue? Tried everything and still have the issue…

Brand new Mavic Air 2 and have the same issue. Cannot fly more than 50 meters (horizontal) and 30 meters (vertical). I get the same message ("Log in or go to real-name authentication") despite being logged in and having the drone linked to my account. What a bummer! Seems like this issue affects many based on all the various forum posts I've seen. I'm on latest firmware (remote, drone) using an iPhone 12 Pro Max.

I ran into this issue today. I got going again thanks to the info in this thread! The magic for me was to disable WiFi on my Smart Controller which is the equivalent of setting your phone into Airplane mode if you using the standard controller. I thought I was being smart connecting my SC to my phone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum