DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magic air 4K content

Tomhpool

Reactions
Hi all, having a bit of an issue getting the 4K content to play on my laptop, I’m using a VLC player Which I’ve tried to adjust to play 4K to no avail, so I’m wondering if I could play the content direct from the drone to my 4K tv using the supplied data USB cable. Any thought would be much appreciated.

I only have M2P but hopefully it's same with MA or MA2. My manual says it's okay to directly connect the drone with a TV providing the TV has a USB port.

To play 4K video on laptop, you need to make sure your OS can decode H.265 and the hardware is powerful enough.

You may find that this is a codec issue (as suggested by @waynesi above). Most computer hardware will handle the H.264 codec - but H.265 is new on the scene and a lot of hardware/software will not handle it. Check that by changing the codec to H.264, and doing some filming than seeing if that plays OK. If so - you can then do some research to look at options ...

Thanks guys, wow this getting complicated, so the cable that comes with my magic air I can just plug this directly from the air to my 4K Panasonic and it should work or do I need to do anything else, sorry I’m not very tech savvy.

I would think that if VLC player can’t play your 4k then unfortunataly its your laptop that isn't up to the task.

Why not try a card reader in a USB port on your TV and use the card out of the drone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky