DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magnetic interference abroad

Hungrypilot

Reactions
Hi all:

Has anyone experienced strong interference abroad, even in open areas with no metal for miles? I've been in Chile this week for work and could not do any flying with my Air the whole time. Everywhere I went in the city, even in large open grassy quiet parks, I've had 700+ compass interference despite the usual tricks (airplane mode, smartwatch off, etc.)

Is this a defect or have you all experienced something similar in 2nd/3rd+ world countries?

Cheers,
HP

Oh yeah. Time and Time again. If I move indoors, to my hotel room, it's ready to fly. Outdoors I cannot for the life of me get a successful calibration because of interference.

Oh yeah. Time and Time again. If I move indoors, to my hotel room, it's ready to fly. Outdoors I cannot for the life of me get a successful calibration because of interference.

That's very strange. I'd need to see a DAT file to give any useful suggestions.

Any clues as to what might be under the parks? Is there a city-wide Underground system that might have a node under where you were flying??

Reactions: HVYMTL
Any clues as to what might be under the parks? Is there a city-wide Underground system that might have a node under where you were flying??

Santiago does have an elaborate underground road system. But I was definitely not within 4m of it like DJI wants. It's my last day here, and I've already given up trying to fly. Maybe next time I'll head out of the cities.

It's just odd that my 20 story hotel doesn't interfere with the compass

Hi all:

Has anyone experienced strong interference abroad, even in open areas with no metal for miles? I've been in Chile this week for work and could not do any flying with my Air the whole time. Everywhere I went in the city, even in large open grassy quiet parks, I've had 700+ compass interference despite the usual tricks (airplane mode, smartwatch off, etc.)

Is this a defect or have you all experienced something similar in 2nd/3rd+ world countries?
It's highly unlikely that this is due to actual magnetic interference in the local area if you've had it so often in a wide range of locations.
(If it's working properly) To set the compass off, it has to be quite close to a significant mass of steel.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu