DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magnetic interference caused by Wireless P2P 5ghz Bridge?

RustyBonz

Ex PMA-281
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Been awhile since I posted. Have searched and not found good match. . .

Flying this aftn and established my mission to follow a part (1/2 mile) of the Atlantic City Expressway (Philadelphia to Atlantic City), off to the side at 200’ I had darn near VLOS. Me In my backyard- at range of 3,000’ my iPhone screen blacked out- the little map overlay stayed on as did the DJI app annotations.

Had no control over yaw or otherwise. Bird began RTH. This saved us as shortly thereafter I regained connection and brought her back w/o incident. In this period I noticed the ‘magnetic interference’ error msg in controller. Last year I installed external point to point wireless 5Ghz bridge from my house to neighbors house for internet. Never had mag issues in my yard before so I indict the antenna. I didn’t think I was in the beam path but don’t know what else could have caused.

Then I moved a few hundred yds closer to the open field I was crossing. Similar msg but no blackout. Issue cleared after a minute or two. Anyone else experience trouble with the mag interference/ black video screen / frozen controller issue brought on by wireless bridge?

Been awhile since I posted. Have searched and not found good match. . .

Flying this aftn and established my mission to follow a part (1/2 mile) of the Atlantic City Expressway (Philadelphia to Atlantic City), off to the side at 200’ I had darn near VLOS. Me In my backyard- at range of 3,000’ my iPhone screen blacked out- the little map overlay stayed on as did the DJI app annotations.

Had no control over yaw or otherwise. Bird began RTH. This saved us as shortly thereafter I regained connection and brought her back w/o incident. In this period I noticed the ‘magnetic interference’ error msg in controller. Last year I installed external point to point wireless 5Ghz bridge from my house to neighbors house for internet. Never had mag issues in my yard before so I indict the antenna. I didn’t think I was in the beam path but don’t know what else could have caused.

Then I moved a few hundred yds closer to the open field I was crossing. Similar msg but no blackout. Issue cleared after a minute or two. Anyone else experience trouble with the mag interference/ black video screen / frozen controller issue brought on by wireless bridge?
Sorry, I thought I had a signature that listed my gear. M2P 👍

Well, thank you but now I’m speculating. In the same place, with same equipment but different result: mag interference msg / video XMT black out at way to close a distance. (4,000’) I moved and that fixed it- sooo

Well, thank you but now I’m speculating. In the same place, with same equipment but different result: mag interference msg / video XMT black out at way to close a distance. (4,000’) I moved and that fixed it- sooo
Strong wireless transmissions could potentially interfere with video or telemetry radio links, obviously. But magnetic interference - no. Physics doesn't permit that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum