DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magnetic interference with phone

Deadpool1089

Reactions
I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this but whenever I set up my mavic 2 pro to fly it is fine until I plug my phone into the controller, after i connect my phone (galaxy s8+) it comes up with the "check app" and magnetic interference warning which I then have to calibrate the compass anytime I want to fly

It could be the surface you are launching from.

Some phones hae a lot of ferrous metals in them, and any electronics put out electromagnetic interference as well.

I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this but whenever I set up my mavic 2 pro to fly it is fine until I plug my phone into the controller, after i connect my phone (galaxy s8+) it comes up with the "check app" and magnetic interference warning which I then have to calibrate the compass anytime I want to fly
i have the exact same problem but it is on an ipad mini 4. Everything looks great on the screen of the RC until I plug in the ipad then I get magnetic inteference check app. I usually just lift it up and then put right back down and it goes away.

Strange that the USB cable would be the cause.

The phone and RC should usually be sufficiently far away from the AC where it has no bearing.

I'm with Dan on this and don't see how the cable could be the culprit. I've used a Mini4 (WiFi only) with my M2P many times and have never seen this message. OP, are you taking off from the same position? I know you said every time you fly but you didn't say if you've changed the takeoff location. Mag interference with a GPS drone is absolutely, positively NOT something you want to see. But why the message goes away after a quick liftoff and landing is beyond me. Maybe SAR, Bud, or Rob will have some suggestions.

I've flown with both apple phones and android while the apple I'll get no such message but whe flying android I will get the message same spot same drone only the phone differs until j changed out the micro usb

I have never NOT received this message. I think its standard to have to calibrate it before every use, no matter the phone or location.

I have never NOT received this message. I think its standard to have to calibrate it before every use, no matter the phone or location.
I have never gotten this message with IPhone XR or Crystalsky with my Spark, MPP or M2P. I have only had to recalibrate after a crash or in a distant new location which I do as routine.

I wish that was my case, I have to recalibrate every time I fly it. I have an iPhone 7, I wonder if that's the issue.

lapresle: I wish I had an answer for the compass cal business but I don't and I have almost never seen the re-cal error message. I hope you get it figured out.

Now, where did you get that drawing of "The Dude" in your avatar? :) (One of my favorite films.)

I wish that was my case, I have to recalibrate every time I fly it. I have an iPhone 7, I wonder if that's the issue.
I understand your frustration. At this point I’d only be able to recommend you take the issue to DJI. Best of luck getting it sorted out.

I saw the same error this evening. I used 3 different take-off locations. Using Pixel 2 XL.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair