DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maiden Flight Beep Beep Beep

Flipsonic

Reactions
Took my maiden flight and I was trying to figure out how to turn off that loud beeping noise when there is an obstacle nearby. Couldn’t figure it out. Can it be turned off?

BTW, IMO the stock propellers aren’t that loud that it bothers me. I guess I was expecting it to be annoying based on the vids and posts here. But definitely MAS is much quieter.

So you already have the MAS propellers on to compare? I dont have this comparison or any other drone on hand but I do think the stock ones are very noisy.

So you already have the MAS propellers on to compare? I dont have this comparison or any other drone on hand but I do think the stock ones are very noisy.

Yes I put on the MAS props on my 3rd flight and they are quieter. I’m going to keep them on. The stock props do not bother me as much as others have claimed.

NOT>>>>>> the beeping comes from the drone and is a WARNING!! that your close to an object .
If it came from the drone you wouldn't hear it at a distance. It comes from the tablet and the volume can be lowered or even muted. You still have the visual warnings.

If it came from the drone you wouldn't hear it at a distance. It comes from the tablet and the volume can be lowered or even muted. You still have the visual warnings.
I thought the obstacle beep and the low battery beep originated from the RC, not the phone.

A very definitely not recommended hack here!

This should answer the OPs question albeit with an undesirable answer.

Not recommended to use rogue hacked drone software. I expect very soon malevolent code will be introduced into such cracked software as a commonplace with possibly (inevitable?) disastrous consequences.

For those who don't like beeping either give up droning or get some ear muffs and plugs which will have the side effect of keeping your lobes warm.

A very definitely not recommended hack here!

This should answer the OPs question albeit with an undesirable answer.

Not recommended to use rogue hacked drone software. I expect very soon malevolent code will be introduced into such cracked software as a commonplace with possibly (inevitable?) disastrous consequences.

For those who don't like beeping either give up droning or get some ear muffs and plugs which will have the side effect of keeping your lobes warm.

Undesirable because it’s incorrect? You do not need a hack. You simply turn down the volume on your phone/tablet.

It’s that simple.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I thought the obstacle beep and the low battery beep originated from the RC, not the phone.

I’m not sure about the low battery warning, I’ll pay better attention next time [emoji12], but the collision avoidance audible warning definitely comes from my iPad and I can, and generally do, keep that muted.

Undesirable because it’s incorrect? You do not need a hack. You simply turn down the volume on your phone/tablet.

It’s that simple.
Indeed you don't need a hack. The OP asked how STOP the beep from the CONTROLLER not how to mute their phone. Turning the volume down will silence messages the OP may actually want to hear.

My solution is grit teeth and to ignore beeping altogether but that may not suit everyone.

You rather miss the main point which was that there are other undesirable methods and correctness doesn't really come in to it. I did not mention it but I was thinking rather more of hacks to remove NFZ zones completely which can't AFAIK be done by turning down the phone volume. I think (very) undesirable is appropriate there certainly but some disagree.

Airplanes have a stall warning that more or less indicates you are too slow and could possible stall..The FAA in all their wisdom have now decided that pilots are so used to hearing the stall warning that they no longer pay attention to it so they have changed the method they want instructors to teach slo flight (maneuvering the aircraft at speeds near a stall). Now it is to be done at speeds above the speed the stall warning sounds... go figure...but can't you just turn off the obstacle avoidance on a drone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trekfrk