DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maiden-flight

Jack43

Reactions
Hi all, today my new Mavic mini2 made the maiden-flights. I tryed out some different movements with the gimbal, as panning down/up during ascending or descending flights. Tryed to fly sidewards to the right and in the same time to spin the mini to the left...Not really easy, but with some excercise it´s doable. This video does not claim to be perfect, it is just a „trying out video“ I am completely satisfied with my new toy, it´s really a wolf in sheep´s clothing! It´s simply amazing!
Cheers Paul

Nice wintery scenes where you are! Its been rain and strong wind for me for over a week. I find it quite satisfying to get nice manually flown clips with coordinated movement in 2 or even 3 axes. Not easy, but with a bit of practice you can get some good results. You've managed to get a few good smooth ones in here ?. I find that getting the movement in 1 axis (eg flying sideways) going smoothly and then feathering in the next layer of movement (eg rotating) is a good way to get it to work well. You can then really get fancy and add a 3rd movement (eg increasing altitude). The result is quite impressive if you get all 3 movements blended together well.

• Love
Reactions: iMini II
Hi Scro,
Thank you for the nice feeback ? As you say, coordinated movements in 2 or 3 axes are not really easy to achieve, but
it´s only a matter of exercise. Glad you liked the few smooth ones thanks!
I will go onto try and make exercises and hopefully I will also get over the 3 combined movements! ?
I cross my fingers for you that the wind and the rain will stop soon ?
cheers and have a good day,
Paul

Well I saw this video on YouTube already! You can't hide from me old Swiss geezer. :)

Very nice @Jack43 ... I'm looking forward to some amazing videos from you soon. I know you were only fooling around with your new toy but I think the best is yet to come.

Also looking forward to learning some stuff from "Teacher"... we kinda go back a long way. You have taught me so much over the years!

Thank you Paul.

Is that your first drone, or just the first flight with the Mini 2? If that's your first drone then a big hats-off to you as I don't think I'll be brave enough to fly mine like that when it arrives...almost close enough to blow the snowflakes off the trees! ? Beautiful winter scenery - wish it was like that at Christmas here in Wales (where no doubt we will have the usual seasonal drizzle!)

Well I saw this video on YouTube already! You can't hide from me old Swiss geezer. :)

Very nice @Jack43 ... I'm looking forward to some amazing videos from you soon. I know you were only fooling around with your new toy but I think the best is yet to come.

Also looking forward to learning some stuff from "Teacher"... we kinda go back a long way. You have taught me so much over the years!

Thank you Paul.
Hi Phil,
glad to read that you liked my test flight, thans for your nice comment ? Oh I do not try to hide...Old geezers never hides ? I hope that soon I will make a "serious" video but for the moment I am only playing around with my sweet little toy! I am very proud that I could show you some tricks concerning video shooting ?And it was not for nothing because you made some great progress!
cheers Paul

Reactions: iMini II
Is that your first drone, or just the first flight with the Mini 2? If that's your first drone then a big hats-off to you as I don't think I'll be brave enough to fly mine like that when it arrives...almost close enough to blow the snowflakes off the trees! ? Beautiful winter scenery - wish it was like that at Christmas here in Wales (where no doubt we will have the usual seasonal drizzle!)
Hi Polite,
well that is my second drone. Before I had the "normal" Mini! I already learned some tricks to be able to make better flight shots. Oh yes, the tree was really very close had goosebumps ?? Glad that you like the winter scenery, but as usual the snow will disappear soon I tink! Finger crossed that you have some nice snow in Wales, a country I visited 5 0r 6 times many years ago! I loved it very much, have almost seen the entire country and we even went to the village with the longest name ?One of the more interesting thing we did was the trip with the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railway! That was really amazing!!
cheers Paul

Reactions: Polite
Have fun and enjoy your new drone [emoji106]
I think you will find it to be a great and reliable drone [emoji3]

Very Nice Jack! Thanks for sharing
Thank you Paleomanjim ? Cheers Paul
Have fun and enjoy your new drone
emoji106.png

I think you will find it to be a great and reliable drone
emoji3.png
Thanks for the good wishes Shane, Oh yes, that is really a wonderfull little bird and I will have fun for sure ? ?
cheers Paul

Reactions: shaneb50
Nice flight moves and amazing how much snow is around.

Ciao Rob

Hi all, today my new Mavic mini2 made the maiden-flights. I tryed out some different movements with the gimbal, as panning down/up during ascending or descending flights. Tryed to fly sidewards to the right and in the same time to spin the mini to the left...Not really easy, but with some excercise it´s doable. This video does not claim to be perfect, it is just a „trying out video“ I am completely satisfied with my new toy, it´s really a wolf in sheep´s clothing! It´s simply amazing!
Cheers Paul
Absolutely beautiful snow pics. In Fla, we don’t see much of the white stuff?Enjoy the new hobby??

Absolutely beautiful snow pics. In Fla, we don’t see much of the white stuff?Enjoy the new hobby??
Hi JJMath,
glad to read that you liked my maiden-flight and the snow pics...By now the snow is all gone..
.Maybe he is coming to Fla, ?Tanks for your nice comment ? I enjoy it very much..It´s not really a new hobby because I started 4 or 5 years ago with the first DJI drone, called Phantom1
cheers Paul

Hi JJMath,
glad to read that you liked my maiden-flight and the snow pics...By now the snow is all gone..
.Maybe he is coming to Fla, ?Tanks for your nice comment ? I enjoy it very much..It´s not really a new hobby because I started 4 or 5 years ago with the first DJI drone, called Phantom1
cheers Paul
Just beware of the Gators. They don’t seem to care much for the drone noise ........ too close...... taking pics. ??? This
past summer on Blackwater Bay, I had one attempt to “fly” outta the water after my little bird ?
?flyFun??

I wish it would snow [emoji300]️ here so I could get beautiful photos and videos of the snow [emoji300]️ as I fly around [emoji106][emoji300]️[emoji3]

very good advice

what does Union sc mean? No snow there? ?
That’s where I live at. In the USA in the state of South Carolina in union county . We don’t hardly ever get any snow just mostly rain and some cold weather at times. Hasn’t snowed good since 2000

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas