DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Main Controller Data Error. Processor chip critically overheated.

JBalderas

Reactions
Hello guys, I need your help and knowledge regarding an issue I currently have with my Mavic Air Drone. Recently I updated the app and when I was trying to use the Drone I got the following message: Main Controller Data Error. Processor chip critically overheated. The aircraft will power off in 30 seconds.

I already try to reset the firmware and refresh it, but without success.

Is there any workaround for fixing this issue?

Thanks in advance!Screenshot_20180630-164418.jpegScreenshot_20180626-145206.jpegScreenshot_20180626-145029.jpegScreenshot_20180626-145004.jpeg

I just got this error today... searching the forums show lots sending in on the Mavic Pro’s but I don’t see any issues with flying it just the error popped up.

Are there threads I’m missing on the Main Controller Data Error?

Was this after an update? Maybe rollback is needed.

No updates, just been flying it for the last 2 weeks after getting it.

It is 115 degrees here in AZ and my phone did get the overheat shut down so I wonder if it’s from the phone and RC connection after that happened?

Maybe?

I'd bring it inside where some air conditioning is and let everything cool down and power it up. If error persists then maybe an issue... Doesnt the controller have a cooling fan too? Maybe it's failed or not getting good airflow.

But I'd imagine ambient air temperature is your issue

That's way over the recommended temperature from DJI. I fly in southern AZ and won't take it up when it is over 94, and that's 10 degrees under the spec from DJI. I would not fly in 115 degree weather under any circumstance.

Flown everyday the last 2 weeks without issues but I hear ya, we’ll see. I do typically fly in the AM before the cook starts. I’m heading to Pinetop-Lakeside where the high is in the 80’s so that’ll be a good test

You sure limit your flights if you won’t fly over 94 degrees

Last edited:
I recently bought a Mavic Air, and after a whopping 30 minutes flying time (and that is even stretching it) I get the processor critically overheated. when I am not using the drone, it stays in a cool environment and flew perfectly about 15 minutes before. On the next flight, I get the warning, and could not even start the aircraft. The outside temp was about 28 c (80F). Looking online I see that this is a more common issue than DJI would probably care to admit. I contacted both DJI and the vendor I bought from, but so far no response

Ok flying in 88-90 degree weather I still got the Main Controller Data Error so I’ll have to communicate with DJI @ the auth retailer as there is no reason it should have done this error in that temp.

Somebody has to know what this is all about, AC, RC, phone connected?

Someone else had reported this problem on a phantom forum. Reinstall firmware seems to have fixed it... Just did a quick google. Not sure if it's been covered.

Someone else had reported this problem on a phantom forum. Reinstall firmware seems to have fixed it... Just did a quick google. Not sure if it's been covered.

I did the firmware deal and got the same results, once my wife gets home I’ll steal her phone and fly it Thumbswayup

Reactions: mad monkey
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato