DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maintaining altitude

jayefs

Reactions
Is there a way to set an AGL altitude so that wherever the Pro flies it will maintain the same above ground altitude?

I fly in a hilly area and at the moment I have to constantly use the up/down control to maintain the same AGL height

No. The aircraft has no idea of terrain elevation.

There is a "terrain follow" IFM but that only goes up, not down and you've got to be within sonar range of the ground.

Reactions: jayefs
Drone harmony have an addition to their app, however its pretty hard to navigate atm.
I have tested it, it works, but there is more to be done to make it user friendly.

Drone harmony have an addition to their app, however its pretty hard to navigate atm.
I have tested it, it works, but there is more to be done to make it user friendly.

Hi Simmo,

Fully agree with you, the functionality / UI is not yet there where it should be. We added a help page, which can help get you started. We will put efforts into improving it further down the road. Feel free to point out any suggestions / ideas on what you think is missing / bad on our ideas portal.

Best,
DH Team

Reactions: Simmo
Hi Simmo,

Fully agree with you, the functionality / UI is not yet there where it should be. We added a help page, which can help get you started. We will put efforts into improving it further down the road. Feel free to point out any suggestions / ideas on what you think is missing / bad on our ideas portal.

Best,
DH Team
Thanks DH,
I know you have a good team there, and thanks for constantly trying to improve the app. Drone Harmony will only get better I'm sure.

You can do a Litchi waypoint mission and set it up on Google Earth. I have seen several videos on it. This one was pretty good.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No. The aircraft has no idea of terrain elevation.

There is a "terrain follow" IFM but that only goes up, not down and you've got to be within sonar range of the ground.

Thank you for your reply

I notice there is an option to set maximum height - if I set this at say 50 metres and flew up to 50 metres - would the Pro reduce height if the ground fell away?

Reactions: 2nckayakers
Thank you for your reply

I notice there is an option to set maximum height - if I set this at say 50 metres and flew up to 50 metres - would the Pro reduce height if the ground fell away?
No the height is based on the point of takeoff.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roland Brian