DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max altitude

If i fly off a cliff I start where I'm standing so say 2m - or basically eye level - as I fly off the cliff the drone is now 1000m up as the ground has dropped away.

Carefully check the height above ground regulations in your country and fully understand them in a case like this.

In the US, this flight would be illegal. As soon as you pass over the edge of the cliff, you are violating the maximum allowed AGL of 400ft.

I did watch the video in post number 35 and did not see or read that information.
Did I miss something?
No worries, I almost missed the fact that the "poster" is right here in the forum who made the flight and posted the video. I thought this was just another video found on youtube, I didn't realize he's here and saying he flew this high. So yeah, we'd all like to know how this was done. :)

Reactions: Ardenkablam
No worries, I almost missed the fact that the "poster" is right here in the forum who made the flight and posted the video. I thought this was just another video found on youtube, I didn't realize he's here and saying he flew this high. So yeah, we'd all like to know how this was done. :)
Do it here DJI FlySafe

Check out my new youtube video here of flying the Dji Mini 4 Pro to 10,000 feet! You can do it by sending an unlock request at DJI FlySafe.

Unlocking in DJI FLySafe is the trivial part. The FAA airspace authorization is the difficult part.

You filed an authorization request through the FAA Drone Zone as a Part 107 pilot and received authorization to fly to 10,000' AGL?
Umm I just submitted a document. I don't even no why it was accepted honestly. Don't know if it just wasn't fully reviewed by dji.

No I didnt go through that stuff. Yall some awful curious people!
You've just joined the forum to spam your video to four different threads here.
You obviously want attention ... you want people to be curious.
But when people ask questions, you don't want to give any details.
I can't tell you about the documentation. That has some private information about my drone.
Private information about your drone?
And you cannot tell anything without giving away this very private drone information?

I've lost interest in your manipulation.

If you didn't go through the FAA Drone Zone and obtain an airspace authorization, the flight was seriously in violation of FAA regulations. Without FAA approval, your altitude is limited to 400' above ground level. Flying to 10,000' is a pretty serious thing.

There's a lot of curiosity about your flight report because it's a highly unusual thing and could create some problems for you. You might want to remove that video from Amazon right away.

We are curious because we don't understand what you are saying. Sure it's possible you don't know exactly the steps involved but the question is pretty straightforward.

You said "You can do this yourself by getting FAA Authorization then submitting an unlock request at Dji."

So there are 2 steps which suggest you completed each of these in order to make your flight:
1. Get FAA Authorization
2.Submit unlock request

Let's skip number 2 for now and concentrate strictly on number 1.

What is that makes you believe you got the proper FAA authorization to complete your flight? Whatever you did (and we don't care what exactly you did or how you did it or any of your personal details), how are you so sure you got the approved FAA authorization? Did they give you a letter in the mail, did they provide you with an authorization code, did they call you on the phone, did they send you an email, did you make an online request that came back as approved? You were approved, how so?

Or, you are not sure you got the approval, you just assumed that no one told you to stop and you relied on #2 only to make your flight. If that's the case, no problem, it's understandable the process is sometimes confusing. But you can't post here and say the FAA approved you to do something but you can't describe in even the simplest terms how you know this? Help us out please.

If you did not get FAA authorization, you need to take down your video. You may get into serious trouble.

Okay yall are probably right. I messed up by flying up to 10,000 feet. But I decided not to do it again anyway because it is really dangerous. If you see in the video it says that the drone blew 40 feet to the right. Winds are powerful at 10,000 feet usually.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13