DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mandatory firmware update?

Starz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Am I missing something? I have a few DJI aircraft. Had them for more than a few months. I’ve updated some of them and have left the majority of them alone. I’m curious to know if I’ve missed something or maybe I have “special” hardware that skips the “mandatory” updates.
Anyone that could enlighten me on this?

Reactions: Inspirephil
Am I missing something? I have a few DJI aircraft. Had them for more than a few months. I’ve updated some of them and have left the majority of them alone. I’m curious to know if I’ve missed something or maybe I have “special” hardware that skips the “mandatory” updates.

I can assure you that your hardware is the same as everybody else’s;). Need a lot more specifics though have any chance to bring clarity to the situation. Aircraft models firmware versions DJI Go 4 version, if you usually have internet on your device when you connect to them. I really only know of a couple “mandatory” updates and these where a long time time ago now. There may not be another firmware update for the Mavic Pro for instance.

In five years flying DJI there has only been one mandatory update - and there was a good reason it was mandatory..

I uploaded the latest firmware on my mavic 2 pro and now receive an ESC status error that I cannot seem to get rid of. I downgraded the firmware and still receive the same error. I don't know what to do.

I uploaded the latest firmware on my mavic 2 pro and now receive an ESC status error that I cannot seem to get rid of. I downgraded the firmware and still receive the same error. I don't know what to do.
Oh and the update unless im missing something was mandatory appearently for me.

No it wasn't, and you should make another thread for your issue which is unrelated to the subject of this one.

I'm sorry man. But, my issue began because I was forced to update firmware. It's cool though. My mistake.

You most certainly were not forced, just read the "update required" and took it a bit too literally. You can totally ignore it.

Last edited:
Thanks people. I have, and always will be a dedicated fan of the “ignore” button. There are some updates that are a benefit and some that most certainly should be avoided. I was not aware of any mandatory updates and that was the reason I asked. I don’t have the all seeing orb that some do, and thought maybe I had missed something that DJI had slipped into the mix.

A buddy of mine wanted to get into flying so he bought a old mavic pro . I tried it out using my mini4 and used his bird and controller. I told him it worked great . He loaded a Go4 app and was forced to do a update . It would not let him fly . Weird crap . I flew it 5 minutes before and showed everything was current . The only difference was his app was just downloaded and he is a Android user .

Reactions: Former Member
A buddy of mine wanted to get into flying so he bought a old mavic pro . I tried it out using my mini4 and used his bird and controller. I told him it worked great . He loaded a Go4 app and was forced to do a update . It would not let him fly . Weird crap . I flew it 5 minutes before and showed everything was current . The only difference was his app was just downloaded and he is a Android user .
The app displays a message that says .. Update Required.
But whether you choose to update or not is your decision.
The only forced update was a couple of years ago.

Reactions: Kilrah
I was standing beside him and it was forced as I told him to ignore any update prompts. It refused to fly without the stupid update . I have never been forced and have been pushing ignore for over a year on one of my old pro’s

Canuk, was this his first upload of the Go4 app? If it is the first loading it may cause the uploader to have to update to the latest version.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom