DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Manual for GO app - Explanation of functions

The Mavic Pro

Reactions
So has somebody written a manual or detailed explanations of all the different settings and functions in the new GO 4 app?

There are many functions and settings which i don't know what they are for or what they do, too many to ask about here.

I guess DJI still hasn't made one even though I've seen many people ask for it already long time ago.
And the simple "explanations" in yellow text that can be chosen at least in the old GO app is nowhere near detailed enough and doesn't explain all the settings and functions.

Video's are great, and a help, but nothing beats a printed out or PDF of an actual manual. Try going back and finding a specific item in a video, a PIA for sure. I like to print out the manual and tag important pages for fast reference, or use key-word search in a PDF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with F6 rider. As an engineer I really like to have a printed reference manual so that I can go through and highlight certain spots and mark them with tabs so that I can refer to them quick and easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tend to forget where the setting are. A business card cheat sheet would be nice. I'm sure someone has thought of it. If you folks have a link please link it.

Reactions: treytexag
I know there are videos online, but i prefer a written manual, just like i asked for in my first post.

DJI should have written a manual for the GO app, just like other companies writes manuals for their softwares etc.
That on the other hand is not rocket science to write a manual, and that is certainly not too much to ask for from DJI.

Maybe the GO app is not that complicated, but in comparison with other things that DJI has written manuals or explanations for the GO app should have its own manual without a doubt.

Reactions: M4RK
The contents of the GO app are aircraft-dependent, so it makes little sense to have a manual for the app.
There could be more details about the options in the aircraft's manual though.

Only problem is that they change and/or are moved around with each version.

Best is to go through every menu/page after each upgrade and make a cheat-sheet yourself in the format that works for you.

The contents of the GO app are aircraft-dependent, so it makes little sense to have a manual for the app.
There could be more details about the options in the aircraft's manual though.

Only problem is that they change and/or are moved around with each version.

Best is to go through every menu/page after each upgrade and make a cheat-sheet yourself in the format that works for you.

Yes that is an alternative if the videos explains all the different functions and settings in the GO app. I haven't had time to check the videos out yet.

But does the GO app functions/settings differ that much between the crafts? I think many functions and settings are the same, at least to such a degree so its worth writing a general manual for the GO app.

I mean its such an easy thing for DJI to do, and can be very useful for the users.

settings as well as layout differ from IOS to Android and even differ among the Android app versions based on the phone/tablet's operating system. So it would be difficult to have a hard copy for each variation. Plus the apps are updated frequently and updating the manual would be never ending.

However, I do agree a basic users manual that covers all of the settings in detail would be nice since some of the settings are not very intuitive.

True, but it's just a go-app, not rocket science :) Pretty simple stuff...
Okay, then you (or someone else) should have no problem answering my questions about DJI GO 4 app for Android with a Mavic.
1. When setting one of the 5D button movements to Metering/Focusing am I correct in thinking The Green Square is for tapping on a place to focus and tapping on the yellowish circle is for where to get exposure?
2. Under General Settings:
a. If one activates, "Enable MF," does that mean no Autofocus and if not enabled, Autofocus is the Default?
b. What is, "Long Press?" Long Press of what, and in what way is Gimbal or Focusing controlled?
c. Full Screen Style - What is Single Finger as opposed to Double Fingers?
Thanks,
Marty

Okay, then you (or someone else) should have no problem answering my questions about DJI GO 4 app for Android with a Mavic.
1. When setting one of the 5D button movements to Metering/Focusing am I correct in thinking The Green Square is for tapping on a place to focus and tapping on the yellowish circle is for where to get exposure? I think so but have to check to confirm as I don't use th5D button much.
2. Under General Settings:
a. If one activates, "Enable MF," does that mean no Autofocus and if not enabled, Autofocus is the Default? Yes
b. What is, "Long Press?" Long Press of what, and in what way is Gimbal or Focusing controlled? Means if you touch and hold the screen you can either control the gimbal vertical axis movement by sliding your finger up or down or it controls your focus setting.
c. Full Screen Style - What is Single Finger as opposed to Double Fingers? This is lets you determine if you want to use 1 or 2 finger swipe in the up direction to go to full screen mode which gets rid of everything else on the screen other than the camera view
Thanks,
Marty
See my comments above in Blue. I like you was unsure about a lot of the definitions and functions so I figured most out myself by experimenting with the settings and saw what they did....

See my comments above in Blue. I like you was unsure about a lot of the definitions and functions so I figured most out myself by experimenting with the settings and saw what they did....
Thank you. Your responses are very helpful.
Marty

Reactions: Heavysledz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian