DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Map and home point

Hayabusa

Reactions
I’ve had a few issues of losing my maps. I would not fly because I can not see my hone point and not sure if it is recorded. This has ruined a handful if possible flights. My question is if my naps don’t appear, can I still fly and will home point he recorded as normal. Just want a RTH point if needed.
Thanks

The controller app in your smart device or CrystalSky will record your take-off (I.e. RTH) location independent of maps. Do an autotakeoff and etch the display even if you don’t see a map.

I’ve had a few issues of losing my maps. I would not fly because I can not see my hone point and not sure if it is recorded. This has ruined a handful if possible flights. My question is if my maps don’t appear, can I still fly and will home point he recorded as normal. Just want a RTH point if needed.
The controller app in your smart device or CrystalSky will record your take-off (I.e. RTH) location independent of maps.
Your drone (not the controller) records a home point as soon as it gets a good GPS position fix.
Home point and RTH don't need maps and aren't connected.
Next time you start up watch the distance showing the bottom of the screen.
While you don't have GPS, it shows N/A but when you get GPS (and a home point), you will see a number.
That number is your distance from the home point .. and you can't have a distance to home unless you have a home point.

You can also open the map application on the device that you use to fly the Mavic at home or some place you have internet connectivity. Then find the area that you plan to fly. Bring it up in the maps application . Then zoom in and out using the two finger pinch method.

This caches the maps to the device. Then when you reach your destination and launch DJIGO4 the maps will be displayed as they have been cached to your device.

One can also create a mobile hotspot using thier cellular phone if the device used to fly does not have cellular connectivity and then just connect to the cell phones hotspot to obtain a cellular connection to the internet and the maps will be downloaded in the field.

Reactions: Rich55
Or forget about the maps altogether and just use the radar display instead.

Reactions: BD0G
Thanks all and should have realized it was measuring distance from home point.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fullmetalrush