DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Map dissapeared

Chang year to 2017 (make sure phone is not set to internet time) Open go 4 app, turn wifi on, look in upper right hand side of screen with 3 bars, click it, you should see "offline maps" click it, now find country, then state, then download..when done,close all apps, turn wifi off, turn go 4 back on, you should now have map working.
THX mrreddog.
I have tried it. Can see now Offline Map. But it tells me:
"Cannot use satellite maps when not connect to a network. Offline maps are only regular rather than satellite ones"
and "Network unavailable" / "No Relevant Data Found".
WiFi is on. No problem with internet connection. Is there something what I have to do in advance?

So your offline maps will be just standard maps, like you said!! but now you cant get satellite maps while connected to wifi, is that what your saying?? Im not sure what could cause that?

I think it's a google bug. Hope only temporarely.
Within Google Maps it's also not running > "Failure appeared. Try in a few minutes again"
I will try it again tomorrow (it's late here)

Standard maps were not mentioned. Cannot chose between satellite or standard.
Tomorrow I hope it will work.

Good Luck...
Hi mrreddog,
Unfortunately today it's the same.
For a short time it's also shown "Network Unavailable".
Year 2017 is set in the phone. WiFi is running without problems.

I think it's a matter of DJI and I'm convinced if you try the same today you will get the same result.

Directly in Google Maps I'm able today to download maps.
Would it be not possible to transfer it to the DJI Go app? Maybe it would run.
I would like to give it a try. But my problem is that I don't know in which directory I have to store it.
No directory was created by DJI in DJI Go (it's clear because the download was not possible).
May I ask you to have a look in your DJI Go app and tell me where I have to create the directory and how it is called?
I think this would be the last chance.

Hi Cheech Wizard,
Have tried it acc. to your video instruction with no success. Later on I tried with setting the year back to 2017 acc. to mrreddog. Also no success. Is it running in USA? I do not think so anymore. Please see my posts.
Do you know another solution?
THX for your answer and best regards
t!Ger!

It works, i just tried it... where are you, ill see if i ca downlaod it

WOW, so big....But, I just now deleted Michigan and re-downloaded it....phone must stay at 2017, make sure auto internet time is turned off.. Tell me you location and I will see If I can download it...

Last edited:
Thank you very much. I'm really surprised.
Cannot imagine why it is not working here in Switzerland. I have all done what you are saying - phone stay at 2017.
It's disturbing me. I never get the option to choose e.g. continents, ........ as shown by you.
Nothing appears except "Aquiring offline city list ...." and later on "Network Unavailable".
And I don't know why. You get it and therefore it's for sure also possible to download e.g. Switzerland.

My WiFi is ok. Maybe it is my phone > Xiaomi Redme Note 4 Global. I think I have to install DJI Go on my tablet Huawei M3 and check it there.

Im not sure why, but I cant d-load Switzerland, it just sits at 1% ??

Screenshot_20170714-145223.pngScreenshot_20170714-150532.png

Ok, it's maybe only temporarely.
But you can choose Europe and then Switzerland.
I have only the screen which I have inserted above. And not more.

Yea, I see that, its acting like wifi is not enabled. and Im able to search through other country's & states, I don't understand why??

I agree. But WiFi is enabled and I have no problems with e.g. Internet. All is running normal except this DJI Go issue.
Tomorrow I will go trough settings, maybe there is a problem with authorization.
In Google Maps I'm able to download offline maps.
It's crazy. I'm really angry.
THX a lot for your efforts.

Sorry T, I dont know whats holding you back. It may have something to do with your location? But even if you were to spoof the phones gps to think its here in the USA, it still wont download beyond 1% ????

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter