DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Map dissapeared

flyersnut

Reactions
I have been flying the original Mavic with a Samsung S6 for close to a year and have had no problems at all until recently. Normally when I turn on the controller and then the Mavic, the DJI app starts up, home point becomes located, and then the map in the bottom left corner starts to zoom in until it finds exactly where I am. Since the last month or two the map either has the entire USA without zooming in or most recently is blank. I have flown it many times without the map and always land it manually when the battery level starts to beep at 25% without ever any problems. I don't feel real confident flying with the app (apparently) not knowing where I am.
I have seen a few posts regarding this same problem, but have not been able to resolve the missing map error.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Same happened to me. My map used to be the Here map and is now displaying a blank Google map. I suspect a recent Android OS update, since that is the only change to my setup. The strange thing is that the Offline Map option no longer shows in Go 4.

I am not too concerned since I try to keep within VLOS and have confirmed that RTH still works as before. I suspect a map default has changed but the disappearance of the offline map option in Go 4 would not seem to be related.

Another one here - completely blank map and no home point (on the map) or even "flight tracks" even though "home point has been recorded". My difference is I have NOT updated anything, including my dedicated tablet in months. This issue is at least two months old... looking for solution, which will start with updating everything!

Reactions: Cometman
That is interesting that you say you have the Here map. I have and still have google maps, so I wouldn't think any recent update to my phone would have effected the map on the DJI app. But I did see a related post a few weeks ago that said DJI changed their mapping from Google to Here. Now I'm totally confused. In either case, do you there is anything that we can do to bring the maps back? I ONLY fly vlos, and ONLY land manually, so I don't think I have too much to worry about. But I have lost connection from the Mavic on my phone a few times, but just waited till it reconnected and/or turned off the app and turned it back on until it reconnected. But it is comforting to know (and see) that the map on the phone shows exactly where the Mavic is.

My situation seems to be the same as yours. I don't remember doing any Samsung update, so I've pretty much ruled that out. I may have recently done a firmware update, but if I have so have 1000's of other Mavic owners all of which would probably have the same problem. The map is down in the corner for a reason, and we should be able to see that. I used to be able to see the "track" of where my drone went, and that is very useful IF you can't see the drone and return it home using the track to follow it home. What do you think we can do next?

The maps on my Android device have also disappeared. I have a dedicated device for the Mavic and it hasn't been connected to the Internet for months. However, my maps are now gone and the "Offline Maps" menu item is no longer available to try to download them again. How can the menu item go away if the app hasn't been updated?

I'm running 4.1.10.

Here maps aren't on the server any more I guess. If you downloaded them previously they should be in a folder on the phone but could have a time limit (DJI will have had to pay a licence to use them)
You can download a small area to use offline with the new mapping from Mapbox, which works OK on my S5

It is disappointing they can't just use the familiar google maps, which was the case a couple of years ago.
Here we have a double layer of green warnings which makes them all but useless anyway, however it's often handy to see the position and direction in relation to home point

This has been discussed previously. If you are offline with a dedicated device, just change your device date back a year. The key in go4 for Here maps has expired. I have done it on my modded 4.1.3 app. and all is back as it should be. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Mossiback and 83883
This has been discussed previously. If you are offline with a dedicated device, just change your device date back a year. The key in go4 for Here maps has expired. I have done it on my modded 4.1.3 app. and all is back as it should be. Hope this helps.
Same problem. anyone have any luck with date change?
Confirmed! Changed year to 2017 and Here map is back like before. Thank you @Clinton1!

Reactions: Clinton1
Remember to change the date back if you go online to avoid errors. It is easy to change back and forth as needed.

Reactions: Clinton1
In your phone or tablet settings... it worked, but now my flight records and the on phone videos and pictures are all goofed up? I will dig in tomorrow and try to straiten that out??

I changed the date and the "Offline Maps" menu selection came back and I was able to download a new map for the area that I went this past weekend. However, when I flew, the map was still blank.

I haven't flown here at home since I changed the date to see if my old maps show up.

I have been flying the original Mavic with a Samsung S6 for close to a year and have had no problems at all until recently. Normally when I turn on the controller and then the Mavic, the DJI app starts up, home point becomes located, and then the map in the bottom left corner starts to zoom in until it finds exactly where I am. Since the last month or two the map either has the entire USA without zooming in or most recently is blank. I have flown it many times without the map and always land it manually when the battery level starts to beep at 25% without ever any problems. I don't feel real confident flying with the app (apparently) not knowing where I am.
I have seen a few posts regarding this same problem, but have not been able to resolve the missing map error.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I use the maps when flying near my home. All of the homes look the same from 300' up. So using the google map with home marked makes it easy to find my way back. How long does it take for DJI to work this out with google?

If your using an older version such as 4.1.15 , all ya need to do is go into your phone settings and set the date back to 2017. Its working for me, then when your done flying simply return the date back to current 2018

If your using an older version such as 4.1.15 , all ya need to do is go into your phone settings and set the date back to 2017. Its working for me, then when your done flying simply return the date back to current 2018
Hello guys,
1.) I followed the video instruction above from Cheech Wizard exactly > result: no google map
2.) Then I set the date back in my phone to 2017 and tried it again acc. the video > result: the same = no google map
I'm completely new in flying drones. I have a spark. The DJI GO 4 app is a modded one version 4.1.15.
Reason: Want to fly here in Europe in FCC-Mode and with UTG cable.
All is running with the DJI Go app except maps. It's a blank screen > no google, no Here, no Map Me.
This is disturbing me a little bit. I don't want to change to the official newest app.
It would be great if somebody could provide me with a solution (without rooting my phone).
Thank you and best regards
t!Ger!
Remark: Please excuse if my English is not the best. I'm from Switzerland.

Chang year to 2017 (make sure phone is not set to internet time) Open go 4 app, turn wifi on, look in upper right hand side of screen with 3 bars, click it, you should see "offline maps" click it, now find country, then state, then download..when done,close all apps, turn wifi off, turn go 4 back on, you should now have map working.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenshin