DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mapping with Mavic 2 Pro

RCFlyer

Reactions
I'm looking for pointers to information on how to do mapping. Maybe even more basic,
1. what does mapping produce? Does it produce a survey? How are property lines determined?
I'd like to map out my property with my Mavic 2 Pro to see if I want to buy a Mavic 3E to get into mapping. I'm just not clear on what mapping produces.
2. Where is the best place to get information or learn about mapping. I know the Pilot Institute has a course. Anything else suggested before I get to that point?
Thanks!
Craig

In its simplest form mapping produces a geo-referenced picture of the area you define. The most detailed of these would be an orthomosaic. But the more complex stuff does anything from plant health to elevation to about a dozen more things. If you want to try and play with it some of the more common apps are DroneDeploy and Pix4D. Some of those have trial periods, but you can use the apps to map and collect the pictures. The cost comes when you process them. I’m sure other members here have some good advice for you.

Your M2P is a great platform for mapping. I’ve used mine with success in multiple scenarios. Since so much of the magic is done post-processing, unless you want to get into infrared and hyperspectral imaging the M2P does a good job.

Just one pilot’s perspective.

Reactions: mereflyer
I'm looking for pointers to information on how to do mapping. Maybe even more basic,
I recently answered a similar query.
Instead of typing it all out again, here's a link:

... and I'll include you in the conversation where the discussion continued.
Much of that would be relevant to you.
PM me separately if you have any specific questions.

You tube! Also, don't get your trial of pix4d too soon. Have things ready to map/model...you only get a free week.

No. You'll have to get property lines from a county or state plat or GIS service. Most areas have online property owner maps.

Is it easy to superimpose over what's produced from dronedeploy, etc? I'm still not clear. Thanks.

@RCFlyer ,
This topic might be able to explain it better than I can here.
Bottom line, NO its not easy but it can be done. For a price, of course.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69