DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maps Made Easy (MME), Points Estimator tool and Setting Waypoints

queeg730

Reactions
Hi folks,
I am a newbie with MapsMadeEasy, but hopefully you can help me with 2 little questions (I have tried, but just cant find this information through Google!)
  1. When using the MME Point Estimator tool, I get a box with only the yellow points marked on the perimeter of the area, and not in the interior. (as in screenshot #1).. This differs from the MME screen videos, where ALL the points are marked in yellow (as in screenshot #2)
    1. Since I need all these marked to set the waypoints in Litchi for my waypoint flight plan, is there any way I can get to see all of these yellow dots?
  2. Again, when using the Point Estimator tool, because the MA camera is not in the Drop-Down in the 'Camera Definition' area, I have to use the 'Other' setting
    1. Can you tell me what the values for the 'Focal Length, 'Pixel Pitch' and 'Sensor Size (X & Y)' should be set to?
Screenshot #1 Points Estimator______________Screenshot #2 Points Estimator with the MME demo tool overlay, showing ALL the yellow dots
_________ MME_Points_Estimator_Screenshot.jpg ________________________________ MME_Points_Estimator_Screenshot_2.jpg

My process for mapping at the moment is:
  1. Use the MME Point Estimator tool to determine the camera capture parameters and points
  2. Download the KML file which shows the flight plan (and hopefully all the yellow dots to indicate waypoints where I will take the pictures)
  3. Import this into Litchi, and enter the waypoint parameters (gimble down, take photo, etc)
  4. Then set that as my waypoint flight plan
Litchi is great, but one issue is that it can only support a maximum of 99 waypoints....
At this stage, I have not investigated other flight plan applications for actually flying the drone (DJI Go4 does not do waypoints well as you know)
I hope you can help me with this, and if I should be using something other than Litchi, I would appreciate ideas.

thanks,
Mike

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661