DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Map's not showing on NVIDIA ShielD K1

MavicFT1P

Reactions
Hi
I cant get Maps to show up on my SHIELD K1. This is not a caching thing.
Even with Wi-Fi, GPS location and Drone/controller on.
Once flying, if im lucky i might get basic google maps (Only if zoomed right in)

On my phone, same version of GO (4.06) no problem.

It's like the lack of Cellular is causing it.

Ive tried changing "storage" in app permissions. Im told this can help, but nope.
I always get a home point and relative position, but it's getting really annoying.

Maps don't work in old GO4 versions anymore, API keys have expired. Probably still shows on your phone becasue of caching, but if the cache expires it wouldn't be able to get new maps either.

Maps don't work in old GO4 versions anymore, API keys have expired. Probably still shows on your phone because of caching, but if the cache expires it wouldn't be able to get new maps either.

OK that's a start
I dont know what API keys are but i know
I like 4.06, because it's one of the few versions that doesn't crash in flight (Saves crashing for when your not using it).

Can i migrate API keys from a newer version?
Not sure if this is relevant but my AC & RC are both old .700 firmware

Found this post by you in an old thread. What are the odds.

Might need to delete the entire DJI folder on the SD card manually as well. It's otherwise kept and the offline maps are in a hidden folder in there that could be corrupted.

Are maps really kept on the sd card, because i format that almost every flight
Or were you referring to the sd card inside the AC on the mainboard?

I was talking of the SD card (internal storage) of the phone.

I dont know what API keys are
It's the token that allows the app access to the map service DJI uses and pays for. They have changed map providers several times and obviously stopped paying/closed their accounts with the providers they used in old versions after a while.

Can i migrate API keys from a newer version?
No. With the app modders you can insert yours but that's for later app versions.

Ok, ta. Made no sense there would be important stuff on anything but internal storage.
Thanks for commenting

Try setting your date to 2017 and downloading offline map.

O look, my firmware is up to date lol

So the "Here" Logo has popped up on the Map grid, but.. it is just a blank globe.
Probably for the best

Not sure i want maps enough to fly a phone/tablet with the wrong internal clock ?

Ah, yeah, my bad. You used to still be able to download the maps last year even after they disabled them in the app, but now it won't even bulge. Looks like heremaps finally blocked access. :p

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000