DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Marco Polo tracker placement

A few good spots would be to velcro it onto one of the arms or on top of the battery.

I Velcro mine to the right side just in front of the SD card access door, gives the best prop clearance and looks better, also can charge and turn on/off without removing. I tried the top, looks out of place and weird. Tried the arm, same thing plus its a bit large looking, tried the rear mounted vertically above the status light, works OK but the props are really close, also tried on the rear landing leg extension cross bar, and unless you mount it off center the antenna is in the prop swing. You could mount it with the antenna down but then it hits the ground and is bent when landing. I have 5 batteries and didn't want to have to remove and replace every time I changed the battery, so for me the side was best.

I put Velcro tabs on each of my batteries, behind the lights. I orient the tracker so the antenna faces towards the front of the Mavic and angled up to the sky. There's no way for it to get in the way of the props and it's Velcro so it just sticks on and back off again. I also used some thick (squishy) two sided tape to build up the bottom of the tracker so it's flat. It looks like there's a resister or something on the bottoms of it that juts out and gives it dimension. By building up the bottom I made it flat so the Velcro gets full contact. Works well so far, and I've been running the bird hard in Sport mode to stress the Velcro bond, but it's holding solid.

I want to design a 3 D Printed enclosure that allows the Marco Polo to snap into the 2 tabs on the underside of the Mavic. With an exposed hole for the antenna to route through and also an exposed hole for the charger port.

This could be designed very light weight and position the Marco Polo well behind the lower vision sensors

:)

I want to design a 3 D Printed enclosure that allows the Marco Polo to snap into the 2 tabs on the underside of the Mavic. With an exposed hole for the antenna to route through and also an exposed hole for the charger port.

This could be designed very light weight and position the Marco Polo well behind the lower vision sensors

:)

This is a great idea. I'll buy one that does that!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Lance_Mavic
Problem with a bracket on the 2 "tabs" (I assume you mean the rear landing feet) is that you will be landing on it unless you hand catch or have some other legs that will hold it off the ground. Also, keep in mind one of the vision positioning system cameras is located right between the 2 "tabs" so you probably don't want to block that or you will get warnings or weird behavior.

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000