DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maryland

Hey ya'll. Owned a Mavic Pro since the Spring of 2017. Took it out a few times in the Laurel area. Was getting the hang of things and then horribly crashed it. Somehow, it survived unscathed but I didn't take it out for a long time after that. Tried flying it in Rockville to get some footage of a school that will be closing soon, but the DC NFZ ruined that. Just starting to look forward to better weather again soon. Got this the other night on a quick flight near my house.
View attachment 30807
Hey im in Laurel. Thats the new library on 198 right? New to the forums, but im looking forward to meeting other pilots.

Reactions: SkyNinja
Baltimore County here (Perry Hall)... soon to be Bel Air, MD. Here's a video of Gunpowder Falls State Park shot with the Mavic Pro:

You ever make the jump up to Bel air? I would love to meet up and fly. I am in Abingdon.

Hello everyone. Silver Spring here. I mostly fly Patapsco but looking for other locations. Thinking about trying skate park in Laural this weekend. Let me know if anyone flying this week.

Man, it's been awhile since I've been on this forum. Hopefully I'll be more consistent. Looks like the number of folks on this forum grew exponentially. It'll be great if we could all get together. I have been flying everywhere this summer and by Key Bridge in Baltimore, accidentally ran into another Mavic owner. It was real nice to talk and be able to relate things in person with another human being. Why don't we set a date and location to meet up?

Attachments

• IMG_1341.JPG
    IMG_1341.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 19
Man, it's been awhile since I've been on this forum. Hopefully I'll be more consistent. Looks like the number of folks on this forum grew exponentially. It'll be great if we could all get together. I have been flying everywhere this summer and by Key Bridge in Baltimore, accidentally ran into another Mavic owner. It was real nice to talk and be able to relate things in person with another human being. Why don't we set a date and location to meet up?

I've been absent also, sold my Mavic (which I loved) last year because I broke the ribbon cable and decided not to by another until they improved the design, glad I waited. I'm fighting every urge to buy the M2, waiting to see if there are going to be any issues that might develop, in the next few weeks.

I'm in Alexandria, VA and hobbled by the 30 mile no-fly zone around National Airport :-(

Hey, I live in Columbia and there’s so many places to fly within an hour of here. I’m going to go out now and try to fly hoping the low temperature won’t effect the Mavic. Are the new Enterprise batteries out for sale? I would love to get my hands on those self-heating batteries.

Just a heads up, make sure you all mark the outside of your drones with your FAA registration numbers now.

Also, some one briefly mentioned it but I don’t think local parks can tell you not to fly. The way I understand the current rule is that only the state can restrict drone usage, not lower municipalities. So Charles County can’t tell me I can’t fly in their park...
Am I just completely wrong? Anyone know?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98