DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maryland

My new props are tracking for Wed. 18 delivery. If they show before 5 PM I will be flying at Patapsco State Park at sunset. Would be great to meet someone there.

Reactions: noobonthe^
Hi Mavic pro fans
Living in Mongomery county with my brand new mavic pro, already activated but scare to fly because of the DJI GO 4 issue plus the weather . Looking to make friends with knowledge on how should i start with my drone. Pls let me know if any one willing to help. Thanks

Hi Mavic pro fans
Living in Mongomery county with my brand new mavic pro, already activated but scare to fly because of the DJI GO 4 issue plus the weather . Looking to make friends with knowledge on how should i start with my drone. Pls let me know if any one willing to help. Thanks

Hi Eddy,

Welcome to the forum! Firstly, spend some time and read through the manual 2 or 3 times, especially as it concerns the fail safes. Be patient and wait for the weather to warm up a bit. Best not to fly when below freezing and windy.

I live in Carroll County so not far away. Lots of experience flying with about 500 miles thus far. You’ll have a great time...just be patient and learn from others mistakes

Hi Eddy,

Welcome to the forum! Firstly, spend some time and read through the manual 2 or 3 times, especially as it concerns the fail safes. Be patient and wait for the weather to warm up a bit. Best not to fly when below freezing and windy.

I live in Carroll County so not far away. Lots of experience flying with about 500 miles thus far. You’ll have a great time...just be patient and learn from others mistakes

Thanks MavicSailor for the soon reply
Yes I have downloaded tons of youtube videos , what I would like to do next is to do live "hands on" for all the recommended RC settings plus talking live ( questions and answer ) with someone knowledgeable before flight it . That can be done indoors.
Thanks Again

Thanks MavicSailor for the soon reply
Yes I have downloaded tons of youtube videos , what I would like to do next is to do live "hands on" for all the recommended RC settings plus talking live ( questions and answer ) with someone knowledgeable before flight it . That can be done indoors.
Thanks Again
Happy New Year Eddy and MavicSailor. Eddy, MavicSailor has more experience than myself, although I have been flying my Mavic close to a year. I'm in Silver Spring and find it difficult at times to find someplace to fly that's reasonably close. The DJI NFZ restriction is irritating seeing I have a safe area to fly right behind my house. I've been exploring Patapsco State Park, about 25 mins away. It is a bit cold right now but I love talking Mavic and would like to meetup. Let me know what your schedule looks like. I'm pretty free seeing the Mavic was my retirement gift to myself.

Happy New Year Eddy and MavicSailor. Eddy, MavicSailor has more experience than myself, although I have been flying my Mavic close to a year. I'm in Silver Spring and find it difficult at times to find someplace to fly that's reasonably close. The DJI NFZ restriction is irritating seeing I have a safe area to fly right behind my house. I've been exploring Patapsco State Park, about 25 mins away. It is a bit cold right now but I love talking Mavic and would like to meetup. Let me know what your schedule looks like. I'm pretty free seeing the Mavic was my retirement gift to myself.

Eddy,

You can private message me with your email or phone number if you would like. I’m happy to answer any questions.

Reactions: EDDY
New guy from SMD....st Mary's to be exact

New into the Drone world. Just saw your post. Did you find a place around here to fly from ? Would love to pick your brain. I just got my brand new Mavic Pro. Trying to find some place where I can safely fly from and practice. Thanks.

Also new to the Mavic Drone world. Really excited to get to know the ins and outs of flying the Mavic. Just took my first video yesterday. While only out for 5 minutes, it was a thrill. I would like to meet up if anyone organizes a group flight. I live in the Pasadena area. Looking forward to it!

Also new to the Mavic Drone world. Really excited to get to know the ins and outs of flying the Mavic. Just took my first video yesterday. While only out for 5 minutes, it was a thrill. I would like to meet up if anyone organizes a group flight. I live in the Pasadena area. Looking forward to it!
I fly around the Magothy sometime when in that area. Thought about getting a panoramic photo of the river before the ice melts. I may have a while. Send me a private message by hitting the envelope at the top. I’ll send a pano I took over Gibson Island while visiting. Maybe we can meet up.

Hey ya'll. Owned a Mavic Pro since the Spring of 2017. Took it out a few times in the Laurel area. Was getting the hang of things and then horribly crashed it. Somehow, it survived unscathed but I didn't take it out for a long time after that. Tried flying it in Rockville to get some footage of a school that will be closing soon, but the DC NFZ ruined that. Just starting to look forward to better weather again soon. Got this the other night on a quick flight near my house.
DJI_0070.JPG

Hey ya'll. Owned a Mavic Pro since the Spring of 2017. Took it out a few times in the Laurel area. Was getting the hang of things and then horribly crashed it. Somehow, it survived unscathed but I didn't take it out for a long time after that. Tried flying it in Rockville to get some footage of a school that will be closing soon, but the DC NFZ ruined that. Just starting to look forward to better weather again soon. Got this the other night on a quick flight near my house.
View attachment 30807
Nice photo!

Hi, I'm a relatively new member. Does anyone know the sweet spots to fly in Patapsco State park?

View attachment 30807

That is a nice photo.

So, I gather that its OK to fly in Patapsco State park!?
Is it just the National parks where its illegal to fly?

So, I gather that its OK to fly in Patapsco State park!?
Is it just the National parks where its illegal to fly?

I have not flown in Patapsco State Park but a friend of mine does frequently.. he hasn't had any issues. My fav place to fly is Federal Hill.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sathwik