DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew Issue Resolved (for me)

MathAddict

Reactions
I am satisfied with how Master Airscrew responded to my problem with the MA2 props and recommend them if you are looking to reduce your sound signature (drones should be seen and not heard).

January 13 - Sent email describing problem.

January 14 - Received reply, asking if I wanted a refund or replacement. I asked for replacement. They did not ask me to return the defective blades.

February 3 - Replacement props received.

February 4 - I tried them out. Visually they look great (no fur on the edges).

For 31 minutes I hovered in place in my living room, with the drone aimed at a spot on the wall. The drone was steady the entire time.

The sound is a much more pleasing lower pitch and, to my ears, perhaps 2/3rds as loud as the OEM blades.

I just took it out for a twenty-minute flight. The drone is stable. The problem is resolved.

Best,

Math

Last edited:
Can I ask where exactly you got them? And in your opinion the sound is definitely lower. I'm sure your hearing is better than mine anyway. :)

You sir are a dedicated pilot. 31 minutes of a running drone in my living room would have resulted in my going crazy from the noise and a forced eviction from my wife. Aviation depends on such intrepid pilots such as you.
My Air Screw props on a M2P and MA2 have been quite satisfactory as well.

Can I ask where exactly you got them? And in your opinion the sound is definitely lower. I'm sure your hearing is better than mine anyway. :)

I ordered them on December 23, 2020 directly from Master Airscrew. They were shipped December 29 and delivered January 3.

The sound frequency is definitely lower. Less irritating; to me anyway.

Best,

Math

My replacements showed up yesterday. They look fantastic, extremely sharp edges. Haven't flown yet but they look great. Same exact story except I ordered on 12/21. excited to fly

Reactions: Gr8fulTed
Leaving aside the fact that a specific brand is advertised ... (surely there are more ...)

1. Order december 22nd
2. January 4th still showing as not shipped. Sent them an email.
3. January 6th - got standard reply about them being busy with holidays and all that.
4. January 10th - I email them asking to cancel the order. It's been way too long, other people reported ordering 2 week later than me and they were already posting reviews about them.
5. January 12th - they ship them (of course they do). No mention about my request to cancel.
6. January 21st - they send me an email asking my opinion on them
7. January 28th - they send me an email asking if I would recommend their products.
8. February 1st - I email them asking where the hell are my props.
9. February 4th - I'm writing this post.

I don't care if these props show up made of gold, I'm never doing business with this crap company again. 300$ worth of props I order from them and they can't be bothered to reply to a f-ing email.

Yeah I love the lower tone on the blades.

I order the blue ones and they are great. I must of got them just before the bad ones went out.

where can I buy the air Screw props, and why should I remove my stock DJI props. will they void the warranty

Reactions: A.O.
Reactions: pelagic_one
I wish I could get my issue resolved. I have sent two emails without an answer. Just left a very negative review on their website, stating my issues and how they aren't responding to people.

I am satisfied with how Master Airscrew responded to my problem with the MA2 props and recommend them if you are looking to reduce your sound signature (drones should be seen and not heard).

January 14 - Received reply, asking if I wanted a refund or replacement. I asked for replacement. They did not ask me to return the defective blades.

For 31 minutes I hovered in place in my living room, with the drone aimed at a spot on the wall. The drone was steady the entire time.

The sound is a much more pleasing lower pitch and, to my ears, perhaps 2/3rds as loud as the OEM blades.

I just took it out for a twenty-minute flight. The drone is stable. The problem is resolved.

Best,

Math
I had updated my original post on this but will also chime in here. They took care of my problem also. Weather keeping me from flying here, but they came through as a good company should and corrected the issue. They are backed up with calls, covid issues and this production problem, but give them some time, they will make good. I will be using them again,.

I ordered a set yesterday, I am very hard of hearing but from the videos I watched there is a big difference in the sound and performance. looking forward to receiving them

Reactions: pelagic_one
Just my experience , I mistakenly ordered MP2 props for my MP1. They are a bit longer and when I installed the rear prop noticed that it was touching the fuselage. Totally my mistake.
Email and VM to MAS was responded to within 2days . Returned the wrong props and received the correct ones within a week.
(We're both in California)
Then a couple days later I received another package from MAS which contained 3 sets of props !!
White - Orange - Black , NO CHARGE !!!
This is a small company and with the World as it is right now everyone should expect some kind of delays.
Only one person in their admin side and she (Jessica) also works in the shipping dept.
Busy girl !
So...... I've been using MAS props for over 950 flights,1059 miles or 1704.6 kilometers.
No problems !
Just my experience .

I ordered mine in December then read about all the issues with the flashing on the blades. I heard that they were addressing the issue and people were starting to get quality props. I wrote to them asking them NOT to ship mine until the issue was resolved. A few weeks later I finally did get the (black) props and they are great! The problem I have is with communication from the company. I left several emails and calls and they couldn't be bothered with even confirming my message or request. I called and left a message that their great brand was taking a big hit here on the forum and the right thing to do would be to communicate with your customers. Nothing. Crickets. Simple communication would have saved them so much.

I agree that the props give a lower pitch sound, so they're less "loud" sounding. I did a stability test and they were fine. Speed test showed a slight improvement (2 mph). The props seem slightly more brittle so be careful handling them when storing your drone.

Best,

Math
Thanks for the information. I’m glad you got it resolved.

Best,

Math
Thanks I also saw this problem and contacted them. I see on there web site that the MA2 props are called "NEW" and "Upgraded". Just got a blue and and orange set and waiting for weather to try them out. I am confident th problem is solved.

Mike

They are just a little quieter but whats more awesome is the longer flight times. I get an extra 3 to 4 minutes extra flight time because its flying at a lower rpm and ill bet the motors will last longer

Just waiting for my second pair to be sent! No reply to emails the only way was to open a paypal case! Wont be using them again!!

So my propellers (ordered December 22nd) finally arrived today. Lots of flashing all around, out of balance (drone moving on the floor when idling). Joy.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy