DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew Issue Resolved (for me)

They are just a little quieter but whats more awesome is the longer flight times. I get an extra 3 to 4 minutes extra flight time because its flying at a lower rpm and ill bet the motors will last longer

Lower RPM is great but I’m not sure the added vibration is great as well...

I also did 23 minutes in the house , rock steady, awesome smooth sound, practiced forced landings and pop ups
also satisfied with how much room there is between the longer blades and the drone .

The drone was placed on a smooth wooden floor and did not do the ring dance.
I think MS is back but i do think they owe an explanation or maybe a discount to those that were blatantly ignored.

I got down on the floor and checked for vibration , and placed a glass of water on top of the drone looking for vibrations

If anyone needs to see the video hit me up and i will post it for them.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain / Snow and Float on Water.

Re-read Post # 14 . Romania is very far from California !!
Could been have damaged in shipping .
I've never had a problem with my MAS props.!

As stated , small company dealing with the World issues. Like all of us.
Btw, you have a 30 day return policy.
As my Son would say " Chill Bro ". ! LOL !!
?

Re-read Post # 14 . Romania is very far from California !!
Could been have damaged in shipping .
I've never had a problem with my MAS props.!

As stated , small company dealing with the World issues. Like all of us.
Btw, you have a 30 day return policy.
As my Son would say " Chill Bro ". ! LOL !!
[emoji41]

I organized a group buy, I got 14 sets. None are balanced or finished like the stock ones, this is not a shipping issue.
Also, return policies are great when the company you bought from is actually returning your emails.... i wrote them, we’ll see...

Got my replacement set last week. Have tested them now and all is good.
No flashing on the props, quality seems ok and vibration on idle has
gone as well. ????

Reactions: pelagic_one
Same here - replacement set arrived today and I'm very happy.

Quality much better, props are not stiff to unfold, vibration on idle has gone completely, even if drone on polished glass surface no movement at all.

Props much quieter (IMO) than OEM.

I have returned my 3 sets MAS props after trying on 2 separate occasions to get a response via email.absolutely NO RESPONSE.Terrible service.Interesting to see if/what their response will be once they receive my 3 sets.
I sent the package registered from Canada with a postage cost of $19.00 CAD.I may have thrown good money after bad,but I want to make sure I get record of them receiving the package.

I organized a group buy, I got 14 sets. None are balanced or finished like the stock ones, this is not a shipping issue.
Also, return policies are great when the company you bought from is actually returning your emails.... i wrote them, we’ll see...
Ok, so they eventually replied to my email and offered a free replacement or full refund. I opted for the free replacement, I specifically specified for them to correctly mark the replacements as not being due customs tax again as I already paid 24% for the damaged sets and guess what....... yup, I'm gonna end up paying 48% customs tax on these **** things.

Ok, so they eventually replied to my email and offered a free replacement or full refund. I opted for the free replacement, I specifically specified for them to correctly mark the replacements as not being due customs tax again as I already paid 24% for the damaged sets and guess what....... yup, I'm gonna end up paying 48% customs tax on these **** things.
Update: the new propellers look MUCH better, like you'd expect them to. BUT. I took a short test flight and after 5-7 minutes of messing about, I got this: "Motor error. Check propellers and fly with caution". I landed, all looked fine, took off again, 10m into the air the error showed up again.

Update: the new propellers look MUCH better, like you'd expect them to. BUT. I took a short test flight and after 5-7 minutes of messing about, I got this: "Motor error. Check propellers and fly with caution". I landed, all looked fine, took off again, 10m into the air the error showed up again.
I do very occasional get a motor error. Usually when I’m hovering and then shoot up and max speed. But I’ve had no issues other than a brief pop up and it goes away.

I do very occasional get a motor error. Usually when I’m hovering and then shoot up and max speed. But I’ve had no issues other than a brief pop up and it goes away.
That's just not acceptable to me for something that's supposed to be an upgrade part, twice as expensive as the stock ones.

That's just not acceptable to me for something that's supposed to be an upgrade part, twice as expensive as the stock ones.
I’m guessing that they probably should have us change the gain settings like with the props on the original Air. I’m kind of hoping they will eventually figure it out and let us know what settings. For my purposes in flying, it just isn’t that important to me as I only use the drone for inspecting roofs. I’m not doing anything crazy ever. Most of my flying is a foot off a roof at a hover and moving slowly to another spot. It’s only when I fly up to get an overhead shot that I ever get it. However, between the lower pitch and slightly less noise, it makes a big difference in how loud the drone seems at any kind of distance or in a house next door so it’s a trade off I’m fine with.

I waited until they resolved the issue to order i ordered the blue ones for my air 2 it only took 5 days to receive them they look great going to try them today fingers crossed

I too have been getting the "Motor Error. Check propellers and fly with caution." This is on the second set of Master Air Screw (MAS) (orange) props. I ran the MAS new props through two batteries and on each battery I received the message briefly and then off again. I decided to switch back to new DJI props and I have not seen the message after two batteries. To be honest I really want the MAS props to work as they are a lower pitch and I like the orange color. I'm just not willing to take a risk since the DJI props really don't have an issue.

So, I contacted MAS and said my props looked OK without the flash issues others had but mentioned the motor error. I specifically said hey is it possible I should adjust the gain like with the original Air? They responded saying they’re sending me new props. Sounds like it won’t fix it so I’ll circle back with them and see what the deal is.

I too have been getting the "Motor Error. Check propellers and fly with caution." This is on the second set of Master Air Screw (MAS) (orange) props. I ran the MAS new props through two batteries and on each battery I received the message briefly and then off again. I decided to switch back to new DJI props and I have not seen the message after two batteries. To be honest I really want the MAS props to work as they are a lower pitch and I like the orange color. I'm just not willing to take a risk since the DJI props really don't have an issue.
I have the blue ones I haven't had any issues so far I'm going to fly them out over the ocean this week to see if anything occures I will let you know if anything goes wrong I'm waiting for the red ones to be in stock.

Reactions: Ron Staats
I have the blue ones I haven't had any issues so far I'm going to fly them out over the ocean this week to see if anything occures I will let you know if anything goes wrong I'm waiting for the red ones to be in stock.
Hey, have you noticed some light scratches on the front upper shell of drone? Right beneath the tip of Airscrew prop? There are perfectly uniform scratches on both sides from the props flexing under flight load. I too was happy with performance of these, until I saw that they are definitely making contact with body during flight. Pretty bummed, as the lower pitch is awesome.

Attachments

• 20210414_184206.jpg
    20210414_184206.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
I just bought the DJI Prop Guards:

DJ_IAir_2_Prop_Guards_640x480.jpg
I'll take the ribbing that I'll get from some of my drone friends.

Interesting that I get a message from my drone that it knows that I am using the prop guards and the "Drone Performance May Be Reduced"

Also I'm following this thread because I want orange propellers to increase my VLS.
The prop guards also make the Drone bigger and easier to see.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143