DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew Low Noise Blades

poppas49

Reactions
Hello from foggy New Zealand

I decided to try a set of these low noise blades and instantly notice the high pitched bumble bees were gone, it was a pleasant suprise as I was sceptical when first ordering. And once in the air it was even better and when my neighbour told me it wasn't half the sound it use to be it made me happier.

They make no difference to the way the air flys or reacts and in fact I got another 1m.17secs flight time which is incredible, so guess what? yep I ordered a spare set and would recommend trying them on your air you will be pleasantly suprised.

Brian
New Zealand

How does the yaw rate seem, has it changed?
Does the breaking seem the same or is it more sudden?

Hi

Since I got the blades I haven't really flown it hard because of the weather here but the yaw was no problem and yest the braking was very positive, yet to try adjustments to the braking.

Brian

I decided to try a set of these low noise blades and instantly notice the high pitched bumble bees were gone, it was a pleasant suprise as I was sceptical when first ordering. And once in the air it was even better and when my neighbour told me it wasn't half the sound it use to be it made me happier.

They make no difference to the way the air flys or reacts and in fact I got another 1m.17secs flight time which is incredible, so guess what? yep I ordered a spare set and would recommend trying them on your air you will be pleasantly suprised.

Brian
New Zealand
Hi Brian - Welcome to the growing band of 'Master Airscrew' heretics ... Have fun and good flights mate - and keep your asbestos boots handy for when the DJI purists want to burn us at the stake! :p :eek:

I got two sets for my MP, one orange and one black. I put an orange pair on the front and a black pair on the back. It helps a bit with visual orientation.

Reactions: Beachboy
I have a Mavic Pro. It looks like they only have black for the Air.

Oh ok, on the website they only listed Black, but all good my MPV is perfect anyway don't really need to see it but thanks!

Brian
New Zealand
Hi Brian,
I have recently got the Mavic Aiir and also tried the Master Airscrew props. Flew from Bastion Point into a slight northerly breeze and got the motor current error warning and high wind velocity warnings shortly after takeoff full right stick forward. Freaked out and came and landed. Put the proprietary props back on and error gone. Still a little hesitant to try adjusting gain settings so be interested to see when you fly again if you get warnings still or any yaw issues as have seen both positive and not so positive comments regard the Master Air product. Like the idea of the different coloured props to aid orientation :).
Have to say the service from MA was impressive ordered on Saturday (NZ time) and had on drone and flying Tuesday.....
Really enjoying the flying but steep learning curve on both aircraft and editing videos. Any suggestions for good video editing apps?
Chris.

Change the ALL THE GAINS SETTINGS TO 80 AS RECOMMENDED....IT WORKS! Also the motor current error will go once you have done this!

Have Fun

That annoying buzzing is gone for sure, it's all I wanted and my neighbour at around 300mts away notices it also.

While we are on the subject I’ve noticed with my Mavic Pro that I get some wobble on decent so I actually turned my throttle gain up and it seems much better now. I think we maybe don’t fully understand the gains and how the props affect them. Or at least I’m not sure I do.

I also turned my yaw gain up to 110 and that helps with the yaw.

The user adjustable gains seem to me to affect coming to a level state after releasing the sticks (and after braking) rather than reacting to stick inputs. I think anyone having the “current warning” on their Mavic Air should try turning down the “attitude sensitivity” in the “sensitivity” section of the advanced menu in the main controller settings(right next to gains.) I think this is what causes the current error not the gains so much

Hi Brian.
Must have had the same idea. I was dead keen to get out yesterday and did some flying in the fog. Probably shouldn’t but have dried the drone well so all good.
If you want some advice (and it was a mistake I made for a while until it was pointed out to me), is to try and be smoother on the yaw and gimbal. I saw a video recently on adjusting the gimbal rate (slows it down) to make it smoother. Also maybe try cinema mode as it does the same thing to the drones actions.
Otherwise beautiful location well done.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead