DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew Low Noise Blades

Laughable. And I won’t comment further.View attachment 72064
Strange as it sounds, you only need to get a -3dB drop in sound level, for the sound to be 50% reduced ... That's the way the decibel scale works (it's logarithmic). So this may not be 'Laughable' after all ... There are lots of on-line references if you need to check this out ...

The user adjustable gains seem to me to affect coming to a level state after releasing the sticks (and after braking) rather than reacting to stick inputs. I think anyone having the “current warning” on their Mavic Air should try turning down the “attitude sensitivity” in the “sensitivity” section of the advanced menu in the main controller settings(right next to gains.) I think this is what causes the current error not the gains so much
Correct @brett8883 ... The Mavic is inherently unstable and needs constant feedback to maintain position when it's left to hover. It uses a set of feedback loops to increase and decrease the rpm on each motor to keep it stable. When you put the 'more efficient' MA prop's on, then the feedback loops can be unstable because the control inputs are too good! The Mavic might start to tremble as each control input pushes the aircraft that little bit too far, which then has to be compensated by a push in the opposite direction, which pushes a bit too far etc. The effect of this on a Mavic Pro with a 'floating' gimbal, is that you'll see camera shake ... Turning down the Gain sensitivity 'tunes' this feedback so that the Mavic will compensate just enough - without getting into an oscillation ... Just setting the Gains to 80 is an approximation, and if you want to do this properly, you need to make small adjustments and observe the effect on the Mavic in hover ...

Yea that's interesting as I was talking to a pilot mate and he said the same thing! uhmmmmmmmmm..

Was flying yesterday using the MA stealth props, calm day very little wind so went to try and reach off shore island about 2km away. Took off and got the motor current error warning as soon as pushed stick forward (not in sport mode and have reset all gain values to 80) and then high wind warning. Ignored warnings and kept going all seemed good so got close to island and turned back as I wanted a good margin of error for battery life. On way back the drone started to fly to the left despite stick input to correct, it kept going left till signal lost RTH came up at which point it looked as if it was going to fly back out to sea. Cancelled RTH and seem to fly with better orientation.
Question should I calibrate IMU? Hasn’t asked for this. Any ideas appreciated.

Hi

When I got my MAS blades I calibrated everything but got the current error warning, since changing back to 80 no further problems.......so far!

Good Luck.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard