DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MASTER AIRSCREW messing up.

Javierz0509

Reactions
So I just got these props from master airscrew, and they seen cheap look at the cut they made, look at the edge of the blade that seems off

Attachments

• 20210104_165727.jpg
    20210104_165727.jpg
    871.4 KB · Views: 489
  • 20210104_170510.jpg
    20210104_170510.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 523
  • 20210104_170605.jpg
    20210104_170605.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 521
  • 20210104_170615.jpg
    20210104_170615.jpg
    1,000.5 KB · Views: 499
  • 20210104_170647.jpg
    20210104_170647.jpg
    722.4 KB · Views: 496
  • 20210104_171120.jpg
    20210104_171120.jpg
    683.7 KB · Views: 482
  • 20210104_170532.jpg
    20210104_170532.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 471
wow, that's proper garbage.... i made quite a big order from them december 22nd (~300$, group buy) and they still didn't ship it. Looking at these photos I'm thinking I should just cancel it while I can

Reactions: Quick_Star24
So I just got these props from master airscrew, and they seen cheap look at the cut they made, look at the edge of the blade that seems off
There is no doubt looking at those compared to mine that there a bad cut.
Just let them know the there a bad cut and most likely they will send you out another pair with a discount if not for free.

These Props replacements are normally precision cut and flawless.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on water.

wow, that's proper garbage.... i made quite a big order from them december 22nd (~300$, group buy) and they still didn't ship it. Looking at these photos I'm thinking I should just cancel it while I can
Let them know that there are few picture of some bad cuts on the Props and that you would like them to check on your order for quality control , even if that means opening the boxes . They should respond quickly and offer a discount if they have not shipped .

Gear to fly your Air in and out of the Storm
Phantomrain.org

Last edited:
Let them know that there are few picture of some bad cuts on the Props and that you would like them to check on your order for quality control , even if that means opening the boxes . They should respond quickly and offer a discount if they have not shipped .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air in and out of the Storm.Phantomrain.org

I’ve been trying to get a hold of them since before New Year’s, nobody is getting back to me....

• Sad
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
There is no doubt looking at those compared to mine that there a bad cut.
Just let them know the there a bad cut and most likely they will send you out another pair with a discount if not for free.

These Props replacements are normally precision cut and flawless.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on water.

It's horrible I've waited ages for this blades to come in to my surprise they look like they were made very cheap.

It's horrible I've waited ages for this blades to come in to my surprise they look like they were made very cheap.
its not that the Master Props are cheap but you do have a bad cut off the machine , there is not doubt about that, Happens.

The company really was top notch I am not sure why they are not getting back but everyone has the Covid Excuse at this point as to not getting back.

I also have an order in so i will be making some direct contact ,
I will keep you posted on how that goes down.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTM
Are these literally "cut" from something?
To me it looks like mold flash that has not been trimmed. Or is mold flash a thing of the past?
It's a pity they are so awkward to balance test.
I am not arguing about whether they have been properly finished

Are these literally "cut" from something?
To me it looks like mold flash that has not been trimmed. Or is mold flash a thing of the past?
It's a pity they are so awkward to balance test.
I am not arguing about whether they have been properly finished

Molds is how they make them still and if they pull the molds to late , they get cold and you get that flash or Flair on the Plastic. They just made these molds so there may be some tweaks needed to get them back to smooth.

If you do Quantity you need molds still..

Screenshot 01-04-2021 19.09.20.jpg

Is there a reason to choose MAS vs OEM DJI props? I had thought about trying some out, but realized that to keep everything balanced I'd have to have 4 props and at least 2 MAS spares. I guess this is one more reason, at least for now, to stick to DJI props.

Is there a reason to choose MAS vs OEM DJI props? I had thought about trying some out, but realized that to keep everything balanced I'd have to have 4 props and at least 2 MAS spares. I guess this is one more reason, at least for now, to stick to DJI props.
Honestly this is just a fluke , they make an outstanding product with a lot of benefits for all kinds of users
I have had neighbors that used to tell me if I let the drone hover to long they would get a head ache . I switched to these and sure enough they recognized the new sound right away and asked if i got a new drone. I think i have it on video somewhere. lol

So this is likely just a bad run . The part that is alarming is that they are not getting back to anyone and that is no good.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and land on Water.
Screenshot 01-02-2021 02.56.39.jpg

Last edited:
No, other than cost... provided you don’t get ones from the MAS bad run.

Reactions: Dronage
My one and only set of MAS props (For Mavic Air 1) had plenty of flashes on them at the parting line (the line between the top and bottom half of the mold).

To be honest it looks like they are doing a sharp edge with both halves of the mold instead of a rectangular wall. This is will inevitably lead to flashes like you see.

Yes, they could perhaps have done a better job controlling these as they appear of low quality.

I just sanded these off with 2000 grit wetted sand paper.

My red props bled colour out of the plastic, that was a yuck factor for me.

After several contacts with MAS, mine are on the way. I’ll advise quality soon. Props on M1 were great.

If you look closely at DJI phantom props, they also have a slight bit of extra material at both leading edge and trailing edge. I just remove that material on my own to provide as smooth an edge as possible.
Injection molds are not 100 % perfect all the time.
Based on the pictures provided by the op, they should be returned.
Too much trimming on those. MA quality control slipped on that batch.

I bought a Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo in May 2020 and that came with spare props. I am still flying on the original props and the only thing that I have done to them is give the fitted rotors a thin coat of silver modelling paint over the original stripe. They are unmarked props and fly just as nicely as they did on day one. I would not buy substitute props, but that is just a personal choice. ??

Ouch. I bought 2 sets for my Mavic Pro over Christmas and just set them aside. I pulled them out seeing this and although not quite as bad as yours, there is small flashing the length of them. I can probably clean them up but shouldn't have to. I won't be buying these ever again. Horrible quality control. Shame

When a company produces some "bad batches" AND doesn't pick up the phone, that's the time to start paying attention. I've noticed I can fly my MA2 less than 100' away from someone, and they don't even hear it--WE do because we are attuned to listening for that sound and we tend to be hyper-sensitive to the "noise." I'll stick to the stock props.

Reactions: TheDude
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78