DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MASTER AIRSCREW messing up.

Reported the same thing on my M2Z MAS props when I got them and earlier in this thread...they just come tight and well fitted from the factory. A few flights and all is good. Just allowed them to break in...not a big fan of WD40 around my drones ;)
Thanks for the tip. I'm new to drones, so this is something I'll keep in mind.

Reported the same thing on my M2Z MAS props when I got them and earlier in this thread...they just come tight and well fitted from the factory. A few flights and all is good. Just allowed them to break in...not a big fan of WD40 around my drones ;)
Yeah WD-40 should not be used for much at all really, if you’re looking for a lubricant.

MAS refunded my purchase less the $15 shipping. I replied to their email saying that if I knew the refund was going to be less shipping I may have been willing to try their v2 props. I asked for a refund on the shipping too and have had no reply I don't see why I should have paid for shipping of inferior product. I'm done with MAS and will tell anyone who asks of my experience. That's customer service MAS style ..... lack of communication was key in this situation :(

Bad, low quality product. Don’t waste your time/money. Specifically:

One of the props without the white marker meant to be mounted on a motor without a corresponding white marker will not mount because the hub on that prop is meant for a motor with a white marker. Certainly fits perfectly fine when I tried that (mounting unmarked prop onto a marked motor). Again, the prop does not have a white marker and has “N” stamped on hub (N is also stamped on props with the white marker). The other prop without a white marker has “R” stamped on the hub and fits an unmarked motor just fine, as it should. So much for actually testing them to see if the reported vibration issue has been addressed or to see if they are indeed quieter.

Edges on 3 props look much rougher when compared to the 4th prop.

One of the props is certainly a different shade of orange than the other 3 props.

Disappointed to say the least. Left a voicemail and sent email regarding return instructions.

78F5C30E-6330-4BC2-AF09-7458FF56D03C.jpeg1DED8A8A-F926-4E7E-ACDA-E7F917418DB3.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow this company continues makes tons of money, probably some dude in his dad's basement with a couple cheap 3d printers. Would like to see hubs, threw mine away....

i bought some for my little spark,sent them back and got some from amazon for £6 look just like DJI ones and work perfect ,the master airscrew ones was poor quality and very very overpriced and they did not even fold.

Thanks. Can’t be any better proof than that. Simple mistake that makes you wonder......................

Yes, these are M2Pro props which is what I have.
Thanks for clarifying that. I thought you had a MA2 and MAS really screwed up your order even worse. Sucks you are having issues with them. I did too and spent almost 2 months of emailing them and saying things on their Facebook page. Finally I went through the order and found that I had used PayPal to pay them. I started the process of asking for a refund through PayPal. That is when MAS finally contacted me. I still had issues with them because they were going to send replacements but it never happened. So one last time I contacted them through PayPal and they refunded the money. I ordered another set since they said they had fixed the flashing and unbalanced prop issue. About two days later I received a package form them that had two sets of props in them. I thought it was rather odd since The new set I ordered was orange this time (The first set was black). I got a set of black and Cyan. Both sets were fine. Then a couple of days later I received my orange set. They were also fine. They didn't ask for the original defective props back. So when I had a little bit of time I cleaned off all the flashing on the props and painted the tips red and silver. Put them on the MA2 and they were balanced. So after all was said and done and all the back and forth I had with MAS I have 4 sets of props that work fine.

Just keep on them about getting your issue worked out. For anyone else looking into buying their props I recommend using PayPal because if you have an issue MAS seems to respond to PayPal sending them a problem ticket.

They were great with me also when I had problems with my XSP props. They actually sent me two sets to compensate for the problem. I did tell them I wanted two though.
I'll be sticking to stock with my MA2 though seeing some of the problems they've been having lately.
They are a very good company. Just had manufacturing issues but they fixed it all for everyone I know.

After leaving a voice mail and contacting them via their website last Saturday, I never heard directly from a anyone, but I did receive an alert email that a new shipment is on its way from MasterScrew (MS). Got it yesterday and sure enough this was another set of props that actually fit this time. Also much better looking and feeling edges. Color matches on all 4 props. Initial not very scientific sound test being placing the drone on top of a desk with motors idling and using NIOSH SLM app on iPhone 11 yielded the following results:

LAeq 3% quitter using MS props
Lmax 3% quitter using MS props
LCpeak 4% quitter using MS props
TWA 10% quitter using MS props

Not sure what the above really means at the end of the day, but the MS props did have lesser/quitter readings for all 4 categories. Last, I have to say that I am somewhat hesitant using these props on a $1500 drone given the experience, low quality of the initial props, incorrect hub/marking, color mismatch.... all of these being indicators of lack of quality control.

Reactions: Marcass Carcass
After leaving a voice mail and contacting them via their website last Saturday, I never heard directly from a anyone, but I did receive an alert email that a new shipment is on its way from MasterScrew (MS). Got it yesterday and sure enough this was another set of props that actually fit this time. Also much better looking and feeling edges. Color matches on all 4 props. Initial not very scientific sound test being placing the drone on top of a desk with motors idling and using NIOSH SLM app on iPhone 11 yielded the following results:

LAeq 3% quitter using MS props
Lmax 3% quitter using MS props
LCpeak 4% quitter using MS props
TWA 10% quitter using MS props

Not sure what the above really means at the end of the day, but the MS props did have lesser/quitter readings for all 4 categories. Last, I have to say that I am somewhat hesitant using these props on a $1500 drone given the experience, low quality of the initial props, incorrect hub/marking, color mismatch.... all of these being indicators of lack of quality control.
I would be cool if you could put on new/good oem props and do the same exact test. then post ms and the oem props for a side comparison, I take it as less is better......

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert