DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MASTER AIRSCREW messing up.

I placed two orders and received them within four days. Blades looked and performed fine. Hoping your issue was a fluke.

Seems that MAS got a bad shipment from their supplier from the accounts and reports I have seen. Yes it should have been caught but with Covid and the holidays one should tend to give them a bit of slack, it seems they have no problem making substitutions to clear the issue. One has to think that a order of this magnitude being bad would put a great stretch on their resources and customer service. As they have been top notch for over the 30 years I have known them, I am guessing this is the case...I am sure they don't like having their reputation tarnished with this run anymore than you folks like having a bad product. ;)

If they are sourcing from China from a vendor, that will even more expound this process. Trying to get to a vendor to clear this issue now with half the planet shut down and no visas issued makes things hard doing phone calls to a company that may not be the most fluent in English. They also may have went with two vendors and one isn't doing their job. On large orders like they probably did, they are probably checking 1 out of 100...but I am sure now they are well aware of the problem and are working to correct it ASAP.As I mentioned in another thread I have been flying their props for over 25 years and they make a great product, I fly them on my DJI as well and mine are perfect out of the box from just 3 months ago.

Last edited:
If they are sourcing from China from a vendor, that will even more expound this process. Trying to get to a vendor to clear this issue now with half the planet shut down and no visas issued makes things hard doing phone calls to a company that may not be the most fluent in English.

From their MA2 Stealth Prop FAQ section:

1610242754083.png

So Master Airscrew can't blame anyone else but themselves for the quality problem.

I ordered two sets of MAS Stealth propellers for my MA2 on Dec. 10, 2020, one in black and the other in the orange color. The black set arrived a few days before Christmas but the orange ones shipped only a week ago. Not sure why there was such a long delay shipping the orange ones but at least the shipment tracking info shows they are now on their way. The black set has the same bad cut that everyone is complaining about so I returned them. If the orange set exhibits the same bad cut they'll be returned also, but keeping my fingers crossed in hopes they'll be good. I only ordered them for aesthetic and noise reduction reasons. The orange color should accent the new skin I'm using.

Attachments

• 20201228_204341.jpg
    20201228_204341.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 34
I sanded mine with some 600 grit to clean the edges and went out for a flight. The MA2 flew flawlessly and the props are indeed much quieter than stock. It was super windy, so I can't comment yet on battery life or speed but the drone felt great in sport mode and flew smoothly.

I did the same thing work 800 grit sandpaper. They worked great after that. Still, if you pay extra for premium props you shouldn't have to finish them
I sanded mine with some 600 grit to clean the edges and went out for a flight. The MA2 flew flawlessly and the props are indeed much quieter than stock. It was super windy, so I can't comment yet on battery life or speed but the drone felt great in sport mode and flew smoothly.

Ouch. I bought 2 sets for my Mavic Pro over Christmas and just set them aside. I pulled them out seeing this and although not quite as bad as yours, there is small flashing the length of them. I can probably clean them up but shouldn't have to. I won't be buying these ever again. Horrible quality control. Shame
very very different quality the ma2 props are no were near the mp/mp2or the p4 for that matter very disappointed in the quality.

Reactions: zigzag84
I got a set of orange and mine have the excess edge material and look very cheap compared to dji. I can’t figure why they would send them out like this.
That said, will that really affect performance? Im going to try mine today.
How did it go? I had serious issues with the drone vibrating.

So how do you get in contact with these guys. I had high hopes for their Air 2 propellers but at least the set they shipped me was a complete disappointment. Tons of flashing on both leading and trailing edges and the drone violently wobbled even at simple standing height hover. Sent them two emails last weekend but have gotten no response and no one seems to be picking up the phone.
Did you try letting it idle on the ground for a while? Try it and let me know what happens. Mine vibrates so much that the drone rotates.

I have had some serious issues with these props. For those of you that have them, please put them on and let it idle in a flat level surface. Let me know if your drone vibrates to the point of the drone rotating. I have a video ready to publish, but I want to see if others have experienced the same issue. Thanks!

Reactions: 4score
Donc, je viens de recevoir ces accessoires du maître de l'équipage, et ils ont vu un regard bon marché sur la coupe qu'ils ont faite, regardez le bord de la lame qui semble éteint
I have the same problem. Bad Bad quality :-(

I have had some serious issues with these props. For those of you that have them, please put them on and let it idle in a flat level surface. Let me know if your drone vibrates to the point of the drone rotating. I have a video ready to publish, but I want to see if others have experienced the same issue. Thanks!

Really looking forward to your video

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
So I just got these props from master airscrew, and they seen cheap look at the cut they made, look at the edge of the blade that seems off
I am clearly NOT an authority on props. What is the issue with these. I did an enlargement of the photos and fail to see any imperfection(s). One possible issue, though, on photo "0647," there is what appears to be a crack.
Please provide more detailed information for those of us out here. Thanks.

Just posted my review. Please let me know if any of you have experienced this issue!

Quite discouraging. They worked great on my XSP (after they replaced the bad batch). Looks like I'll be waiting to see if they fix this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChickenOverload